• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjusting Team helix

C

Chitown

Dec 1, 2007
What do I have to do to adjust the set on my 2004 Team Helix, going from flat to 11,000 , do I just remove 4 screws on back and turn helix clockwise or counter clockwise, 90 or 180 degrees? Any help appreciated.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Just removing the four screws on the back allow you to remove the helix from the clutch.

Once removed if it's a single track helix you can only install it one way(no adjustment like turning to add preload). If it's a twin track helix you can index it either in the same position that it was removed or turn it 90* and install it in the other track.

Other then changing out the spring, adding or removing delrin washers, and giving it a good cleaning inside there isn't much you can do as far as adjusting it unless you want to adjust belt deflection. Belt deflection is adjusted by loosing the jam nut and turning the small allen screw on the front of the clutch in for more deflection and out for less.

As far as going to 11000 ft to ride you may need to change both the primary and secondary clutch set up's. Might want a different helix angle in the secondary and may need to change both primary and secondary springs. If nothing else changes you as a minimum need to go to lighter primary weights.

C

Chitown

Dec 1, 2007
I have a TSS 98 with a 58/42-.36, 800 RMK 159 2.25 ,19/41 and 43, SLP single Mbrp or Thing can , high flow and intakes, just put pipe and air mods on , usually just change weights and jetting when I go out west and runs OK, now I got the mods so Im wondering do I need to change the springs and helix, and if I do per SLP chart, it says that I have to change angle on Helix as I go up, or do they mean the spring set? Will I notice a difference from the Helix and springs? Compared to stock.

C

Chitown

Dec 1, 2007
Black/green primary and black/red secondary, stock to SLP Black /pink and Red /black, SLP .

Premium Features