• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ADBoivin ZX2 skid...Anybody got one yet?

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
There is a thread over on TY4stroke.com in the suspension section where a guy wrote a very brief ride report. It was positive but he didn't have good conditions to give it a really good test.

I think the concept has merit but the all plastic design needs to prove itself. I'm very skeptical that it will hold up to pounding through the whoops at below zero temps. If I'm wrong then great, I can definitely see advantages to an all plastic rear skid. However, they do not have a race program and won't sell the skid at a discount to racers and that tells me they don't have faith that it will stand up to abuse. Again, maybe I'm wrong and that is not their market but they have been posting on forums that they want to get the word out about their skid and what is better than real world race testing by average weekend warrior racers?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
The original ADB worked excellent! Rode AWESOME, strong, and lots of easy adjustability, they were heavy but I dont mind the trade off for some weight for strength. With that said look at some of these other skids that look like if you land crooked after a jump they will fold like a taco shell? I remember reading about some high dollar skids bending and breaking from normal use in todays current average sled's. After building a full mod with an M-10 ill never go that route agin from my experiece. I would rather have an ADB over an M-10 anyday from what ive seen between the two. I dont know if the composite will hold up, if it does then great! Ill give em credit for trying something new to improve our sport.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Did you have durability issues with your M-10? I just bought a used one but have not yet installed it. I'd be curious to hear about your experience.

Premium Features