• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Little Girl Needs Your Prayers

Saturday Feb 16th, just before noon my family and I drove upon a head on MVC (motor vehicle collision). We were taking my two girls, under 2, to visit their grandparents for the weekend when we encountered this tragedy.

A family of 5, mom, dad and three kids, in a minivan collided almost head on with a Ford F350. I arrived on scene to the dad trapped in the vans drivers seat and his youngest, two year old daughter behind him in her carseat, crying and covered in blood. Mom was in back, sorrowfully panicked at the sight of her youngest daughter. And the other two kids were moved safely to another vehicle, they were physically uninjured.

I was the first medical (bystander) to arrive. It is horrible to come upon such things at an time, worse when your trained to do this and are there without an ambulance. I am a paramedic and this was the hardest situation I have faced in my career so far.

The little girl suffered severe head trauma, she had a severe avulsion (skin cut or tear) across her forehead. I could intimately describe it further but am sure most do not wish to read it. She was covered in blood and crying hysterically. I assessed her injuries and realized this little girl is critical with a head injury and attempted to get a helicopter (STARS) to fly out to the scene along with the responding ambulances. I dressed her head injury and tried to clean the blood off her face so her mom wouldn't have to see her child that way. I reassured mom that her daughter's intense crying is a good sign for her and that her little girl needed her moms touch and hand in hers.

She ended up going by ground to hospital with a good friend who was working on the ambulance that day. Her dad was extricated from the van and taken to hospital as well with non-life threatening injuries.

It was hard to treat such an innocent child who suffered severe trauma as a result of the collision. My own girls waiting patiently for me in our van parked at a distance back on the side of the road. After all this I held my own two year old girl close and tight and wept.

I am so sad right now for the little girl critically injured in this MVC. I have been praying very hard for her, so she may survive and that her pain is eased. Such a child doesn't understand these horrible parts of life and it pains me to see this.

I did all I could without my ambulance, having only a first aid kit. And today I pray for her more. I ask that you join with me in prayng for this little girls life and recovery. And for her family that they remain whole and have each other for years to come.

As I'm sitting here watching the great american race and not wanting to be bothered by wife and kids, I just read this got up went down stairs and gave all of them hugs and told them I loved them.

They will be in our prayers as will you carguy. You did good carguy!

You got it carguy. If there is such a thing as luck in this type of a situation it was that you were there with your expertise. Thank you and God bless all involved.

One can look to the sky and ask God "Why did you allow this to happen"?

Or we can say "Thank you God, for not calling your children home just yet"

I will do the latter.
You were truly their guardian angle Carguy!

Wow man, I have a 2-1/2 year old and reading this made me take a step back and realize that I have no idea what a bad day really is.

Count me in.

Saturday Feb 16th, just before noon my family and I drove upon a head on MVC (motor vehicle collision). We were taking my two girls, under 2, to visit their grandparents for the weekend when we encountered this tragedy.

A family of 5, mom, dad and three kids, in a minivan collided almost head on with a Ford F350. I arrived on scene to the dad trapped in the vans drivers seat and his youngest, two year old daughter behind him in her carseat, crying and covered in blood. Mom was in back, sorrowfully panicked at the sight of her youngest daughter. And the other two kids were moved safely to another vehicle, they were physically uninjured.

I was the first medical (bystander) to arrive. It is horrible to come upon such things at an time, worse when your trained to do this and are there without an ambulance. I am a paramedic and this was the hardest situation I have faced in my career so far.

The little girl suffered severe head trauma, she had a severe avulsion (skin cut or tear) across her forehead. I could intimately describe it further but am sure most do not wish to read it. She was covered in blood and crying hysterically. I assessed her injuries and realized this little girl is critical with a head injury and attempted to get a helicopter (STARS) to fly out to the scene along with the responding ambulances. I dressed her head injury and tried to clean the blood off her face so her mom wouldn't have to see her child that way. I reassured mom that her daughter's intense crying is a good sign for her and that her little girl needed her moms touch and hand in hers.

She ended up going by ground to hospital with a good friend who was working on the ambulance that day. Her dad was extricated from the van and taken to hospital as well with non-life threatening injuries.

It was hard to treat such an innocent child who suffered severe trauma as a result of the collision. My own girls waiting patiently for me in our van parked at a distance back on the side of the road. After all this I held my own two year old girl close and tight and wept.

I am so sad right now for the little girl critically injured in this MVC. I have been praying very hard for her, so she may survive and that her pain is eased. Such a child doesn't understand these horrible parts of life and it pains me to see this.

I did all I could without my ambulance, having only a first aid kit. And today I pray for her more. I ask that you join with me in prayng for this little girls life and recovery. And for her family that they remain whole and have each other for years to come.

Aint it great to be a medic and have to deal with this? I ask myself time and time again, why do I spend three grand a year so that I can wade into the BS? Can't answer it yet. We just opened a new ER at the local hospital. Ive been gone for most of the last four years. I walked up to the "new" ER and had a flashback...Last person I had brought through thses doors was Scott, our acting chief, fellow paramedic, friend....I pulled him out from under the forklift, ran the call. then sat there with his wife, also a medic, for an hour while pointless attempts were made to save him....
Ya know what? Screw all y"all drunkdrivers, and crap.... OK, Im still in, I'll find a way to deal with sensless death one more day...Only if y'all ttry to stay alive...Deal?
Please pray for these kids.....

Carguy... I am positive that family will be eternally grateful that you were there and put forth your medical skills to aid their daughter.

They have probably thanked you profusely for your help...and I applaud what you do. I will indeed join in your prayers for her speedy recovery and the safety of all.

Their world is a better place today....thanks to you.

Thanks for the replies and the prayers. I'm trying to find out how the little girl is doing. As I was not working that day and as a bystander on scene information is not released to the public. On this day I was joe public so I'm trying to find out how the little girl is doing. It is very hard not knowing if she has survived and I hope she did.

you did awsome man and she will be in you'r prayer's.in this world today it is a sorry place that you have to whatch where you walk as not to step on others toe's because we are so sue happy.i have seen trouble on the road and stopped to help and after though to my self is this the time it will kick me? i have training in emt for my dad was first responder on the local fire dept.for 20 years and i will alway's help first think last! again carguy you did good.

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life!

The little girl I tended to in the collision is alive and going to be okay. I am told that the ICU was unsure if the girl would do alright when they recieved her but now she is doing great! Out of the ICU and on a medical unit.

I found her yesterday, held in her moms arms in the chlidrens hospital. Afew more tears of thankfulness & joy by mom and I. What a great feeling to see her again as a child should be seen and not in the hurt I first saw her in.

Mom mentioned that dad wanted to see me so I stopped in on him in another hospital and he's doing great. As I entered his room he saw me and just broke down. Again more tears of joy and thankfulness.

Anything and everything I wanted, prayed for and wished for was granted with this little girl's survival.

Thanks to all who joined in a prayer with me for her, she will get the chance to grow up and do the things kids do. A miracle and a blessing!

Thanks!......I'm sooo happy!

ya cant give thanks enough to people like you carguy. without people like you that has knowledge on medical stuff idk how many of us around this forum would be here also..

Carguy... I am positive that family will be eternally grateful that you were there and put forth your medical skills to aid their daughter.

They have probably thanked you profusely for your help...and I applaud what you do. I will indeed join in your prayers for her speedy recovery and the safety of all.

Their world is a better place today....thanks to you.

Carguy...thanks for the update...and again I applaud what you did that day...and your follow through with hope, prayers and sharing the fantastic news

Last edited:
carguy,

Is there a paycheck large enough to cover that feeling in the hospital with daughter,mom and dad? It really sucks when you lose a battle but understand that all you could do was done. You do a tough job, more than likely under paid but times like this brings a vault of happiness, gratitude and respect.
I thank you for your help that someone I might know may cross your path in need! Good Job!!:beer;

Premium Features

Back