• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A cool snow sled I've stumbled upon

Hey guys, I've recently stumbled across this cool looking snow sled for kids.

My friend shared it on his Facebook wall, and I thought posting this would be right up your alley!

I am thinking about buying one for my young son.

Do any of you guys ever owned a similar product like this, and if so what are your opinions of the product?

Below is a picture of the product
aaaaa.jpg

Last edited:
P

Powder Buster

Feb 3, 2009
Not sure if it's to late for you on this, but here goes anyway.

My brothers and I had a version made by the brand STIGA when I was a kid in the 80's. They were very similar, but had a steel frame and a brake. I remember they were heavy, but they were a lot of fun for us. We almost never actually sat down on them, mostly kneeled.

I looked and saw that STIGA still makes them. They have a lot more options now, like a front shock. Would have loved that as a kid. Also, they have a larger version now. We were all pretty tall for our age, so the larger one would have been nice. They are proud of their stuff though.

I bought a cheaper version from costco for my kids thinking they would love them, but they were to cheaply made and the plastic broke pretty quickly. Also, the geometry of the steering was different enough that they just didn't work that well. As long as this one is made well it should be fun for a kid.

Premium Features