• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

90 indy trail deluxe

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Can someone tell me which way the upper wheel for the track is supposed to be mounted? Meaning is the bearing side in or out. My wheels are rubbing bolts for mounts on tunnel. Also when looking at parts it shows a washer but no clip that fits in wheel to hold bearing in. Is that washer the clip?

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I do not know about the 90 indy trail but I just replaced an upper track wheel bearing on a 91 RXL and the bearing side faces out and their is a clip that holds the bearing into the plastic wheel.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
my oldy poo has bearing clips and a small collar that holds the wheel away from the tunnel.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So one side the clip was in but wheel still rubbed on bolt. Other side clip came out and track got wedged. I found new wheels online but where do I find those clips? Doesn't show in picture that part. OR does clip come as part of the wheel. It does show washer part is that the clip? I don't have a washer where it shows their should be one.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So talked to dealer and they thought the wheel comes complete with bearing and clip. Now I just need to know which way to mount the wheel??? Clip side out or in?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
lots of old poos had giant plastic wheels like mine.molded nub and small collar outside.bearing and clip inside.think they only go on one way or it rubs.newer ones are different and have a lock collar on the outside.

Premium Features