• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

880 XP

I
Nov 19, 2010
Running the Bikeman 880 on my 09 146 XP. Only one test day so far but heading up again tomorrow. Lots of low end put we had a bad plug in it last weekend. It was new but had issues. Second sled with the same kit will be completed tonight. Ran it on the grass yesterday and it rips. Just need some snow so we can get it on a steep hill. Need to get a load on the motor. Anything climbable right now it idles up. Both are stage 2 and we are running a 50/50 mix of trick 114 and 93 pump gas. Added extra oil last week too just to be safe on day one. Might have contributed to the plug issue. Used Bikeman clutch wet up and guessed a bit on pin wieght
put seemed pretty dead on. Over reved down low on the grass which is to be expected but seemed good at elevation. Has a minor coolant leak to but just a clamp issue. Dialing in the clutching to 8000 r's might need a bit more weight but we will see. Hard to hook up the 146 at WOT now but
you do not need WOT much anymore. Its just overkill. Need to roll into more just like driving a high HP rear drive car. Just need to respect the power more as you may bite you if you have a lack of respect. Nice to have the big power back but on a light sled. Nice thing was it a joy to boondock with between all the exposed trees. Did some climbing between the trees to find some untracked and softer snow and it was outstanding.
Older sleds were WOT and working hard and I could crawl up anything at such sow speeds. Was really fun and very impressive. Just bliped the throttle to control the pace. Being able to pick up the front end with just a blip was cool. Just not too much throttle with all the trees. She is going to have some serious track speed when we get some fresh. Great base and cold but no fresh for over 2 weeks and not looking good for the next 10 days. It should be dumping now! Quality of the porting and pistons was excellent. Lots of metal went away. New reeds make a big difference on the throttle response too. Mr Snappy is back. Runnng same "Turbo Al" can
"The Thing" so it sounds about the same. Next sled is using BMP can.
So far so good and liking the power and torque. Should rock in my 2009 XP 146. It was the lightest Summit ever produced and I took a lot of wieght off in addition. Might need more track but we will see. Use to ride 180 to 200HP 136's all the time so should work. I remember digging them out alot too. Reliability and not having to have the hood up 3 times a ride is all I ask. Adjusting the quick clickers does not count,lol.

P
Feb 14, 2011
I just bought a 09 summit 154 with the Bikeman 880 kit, has the y pipe, pipe and can, bikeman clutching and the timbersled intake. I ride at about 9,000 to 12,000 feet. 1st ride it was OK but not pulling past 7,800. Clickers were on # 2, went up to 3 and then # 4 now it will pull close to 8,100 and Im wondering if I should run it higher? have not looked at jetting but the plugs look great. I'm running about 25-30% sunoco 110 leaded and 91 pump gas. it pulls pretty good, faster than my stock 06 but not scary fast. I run it WOT a lot. any recommendations would be great!!

Premium Features