• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800R Compression

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
I have a 09 154 with 570 mi that I have been fighting belt problems all year.

I have a 14:1 RKT head and have not had any Deto problems.
I just checked my compression cold and the PTO side is anywhere from 130-140 and the Mag side is 160 consistent at 4500' and 55*

What is the compression spec for a stock motor?

Anyone know of any compression/top end issues ???

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would be mostly concerned about the difference in comp.
As for belts, if you are running anything close to stock, that is the cause of many belt and performance issues.

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Yea, I was just thinking that it might me the answer to the hunting RPM and low pin weight I have been trying to work out.

Back to the dealer after a few more rides.

Just putting it out there to see what other 800R top end problems people have had or if it is even a common thing.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
I've always been told you need to check compression with the motor at operating temp. I checked my (stock) 800 HO last night as I was putting it away, 142# on both sides at about 4200 ft elevation with 1240 miles, maybe the 800R has a different spec.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Ya what polcat said. I wouldnt ride it before you look. It eats the cylinder, ruins the head and gets a bit ugly. And yes, it will cause your pin weight and rpm issue. I had a bunch of work into working out a new clutch kit when I didnt realize mine was doing it. Fix it and you will go right back to where you should be with the clutching. Or call winter brew. He can fix it.

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Ya what polcat said. I wouldnt ride it before you look. It eats the cylinder, ruins the head and gets a bit ugly. And yes, it will cause your pin weight and rpm issue. I had a bunch of work into working out a new clutch kit when I didnt realize mine was doing it. Fix it and you will go right back to where you should be with the clutching. Or call winter brew. He can fix it.

That has been my whole season. lol

Premium Features