• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 ves Pipes!!! Help!!!!!

Call SLP. But I am guessing NO because the part # is different between the 7 and the 800. They will fit the same but performance will more than likely be the issue.

I asked Jim at slp this very question 2 years ago. They do not list twins for a 700. He claims that this is due to the fact on the dyno they saw no performance gain on the 700 over their slp single. Well.... I happened to have a set of twins for an 800 and put them on my boys 700 anyway. Fyi, his sled did have an slp single on it. The difference was night and day. The twins did pull way harder just like they do on the 8's. I knew several guys that were running the 800 pipes on their 7's is why I went ahead and tried it. Use the 800 jetting chart to get you close.

I have a slp ceramic single for a prox chassis for sale still :D

I ran into this same situation as I was putting pipes on my 700 ves. I called SLP and they told me the same story that they didn't make twins for a 7 because they wouldn't make any more than the single. I went a head and did it too and they worked great. SLP also claims that the twins on the 7 will not make more power unless you have a port job. Latter down the road I got the chance to port my cylinders and the twins made a lot of more power. But I would go a head and get twins because even though SLP claims no more power than the single. I think they do make a little more power, and with porting, they make a lot more. Good luck.

Pipes

If you look at the Single part number, they are the same for the 7 an 8 in an edge. Non Ves 7 and 8 part numbers are different because the cans are different between 99 and 2000-2001. Chambers are the same volume. I ran the 2000 pipe on a VES in a gen II and it worked fine. Twins on the 7 should work fine, not sure what the gains will be but the guys above say it will be good. DO it.

Premium Features

Back