• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 etec semi or full synthetic xps?

I would run XPS full systhetic which is what is recommended for the ETec. I run Amsoil Interceptor in all my sleds.

Reactions: 801
the blend is actually what is recommended. its in the manuel and on the sticker on the oil res.

100_0859_zpsd92c7eff.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed that it said to use the blend on my oil tank too, but my dealer said yea it says blend, but full synthetic is recommended for the 800 etecs

don't think either would hurt but if you want to go by the book the book says blend:)

The 800 etec comes with full synthetic in it from skodoo. The full synthetic was made specifically for the etec. It is also only like 4 more per gallon than the blend. On the tank and manual says blend but in some skidoo paperwork I had to fill out skidoo recomended the full syn but required a minimum of the blend to be run for warranty.

Wasn't the blend around before the etec? Just wondering cause they claim their oil is specially formulated for the etec. If thats the case, i'm not sure how this warranty issue with not using skidoo oil came about. Its not often a blend out performs a synthetic oil.

just bought the 13 xm in nov and dealer here is pusing full syn however the mech in a differant town (small) says all the etch's have the blend in from factory and thats what they recomend so far running blend in 12 and full in 13 (because thats what i thouht it required) but will be switching to redline shortly (full syn also and meets req.) i will be checking with service manager tonite at local area and see what he has to say also.

Full synthetic was designed for the etec the blend is acceptable by skidoo's standards. Sleds come with full synthetic not blend.

I run full synthetic in my 11, they will both be "covered" though should anything go wrong

That's funny, so far two guys have said that full synthetic come in it from the factory, one guy says semi. MY dealer told me it comes with semi in it. I am running full because the difference in cost is marginal.

Premium Features

Back