• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

80 tx Polaris seat repair question

O

olymon

I'm in the process of re-doing a seat for an 80 Polaris TX. The original vinyl seat is actually in good shape but the wood is totally gone. Does anybody have a picture or drawing of what the wood shape is supposed to be. It looks like the wood goes under the bracket behind the tank. How does the vinyl attach to the wood base up by the tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Todd

M
Nov 18, 2008
When I redid mine I recall the wood had a notch at the front with 2 little tabs that went forward on each side of the bracket. The material at the front I believe I was able to wrap it around the front like on the sides, but not pulled too tight and still have the bracket engage over the material and the wood.

Snowmobile_Together_1_small.jpg

O

olymon

Yeah, I tried to re-create the tabs on the new treated plywood base I made. I got it pretty close by trying to copy the impression that was left from the original wood. I think it will hold up pretty good. I was a little worried about stretching the vinyl down on the tabs because they are kind of skinny but it worked out ok. any suggestions on a good vinyl restorer to bring back some of the flexability? I'm afraid that the thing is going to crack in any cold weather, it was really stiff. I had to heat the vinyl up and stretch it into place while stapling it.

Premium Features