• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 vs. 800 clutch differences?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Not having any luck with the search function, but I'm trying to figure out if a clutch from a 2020 600 pro-rmk will work on a 2017 800 pro-rmk.

My dad is looking to buy an electric start setup for his sled that came off of the 600, including a clutch with the ring gear.

We would obviously put new weights and springs in it, but just need to know if it will fit and if there are any physical differences in the rest of the clutch. If I remember right, the older 600s and 800s have the same crank taper, but I can't find any info on the newer ones.

Also I'm assuming the rest of the e-start kit would work but if anyone could verify that, that'd be great too.

Thanks in advance

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Curious as to why you wouldn't just use the electric start ring gear from the 2020 and put it on your 2017 clutch. It's the same ring gear for both the sleds. Maybe buy some new bolts #7515351 as you might chew up the old ones when you take them out as they are loctite'd in although it should be safe to heat them with a propane torch for removal. You could also phone Indy Specialties @ 651-388-9045 or pm IndyDan on here to see if clutches are compatible.
I don't see why the electric start itself wouldn't work on the 2017 as long as you get the mounting points for the starter pinion in the right position. Both chassis are the same I believe so just get the measurements from the donor sled or a template from a dealer.

Last edited:

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Curious as to why you wouldn't just use the electric start ring gear from the 2020 and put it on your 2017 clutch. It's the same ring gear for both the sleds. Maybe buy some new bolts #7515351 as you might chew up the old ones when you take them out as they are loctite'd in although it should be safe to heat them with a propane torch for removal. You could also phone Indy Specialties @ 651-388-9045 or pm IndyDan on here to see if clutches are compatible.
I don't see why the electric start itself wouldn't work on the 2017 as long as you get the mounting points for the starter pinion in the right position. Both chassis are the same I believe so just get the measurements from the donor sled or a template from a dealer.
I believe the holes are there for the ring gear but threads aren't tapped on a non-estart sled

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Yeah my dad's clutch isn't tapped for it. The guy with the 600 is a family friend and was gonna charge my dad just whatever it cost him to buy a new clutch, but turns out it's almost the same price as the e-start kit anyway, which includes a new clutch.

Premium Features