• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 ho with 700 mpem

C

cjgodden

Has anyone ever used a 700 Mpem with a 600 ho engine?

I'm going to have a spare 600 ho engine after I take it out of my Hawk to put the 800 ho in. I just picked up a 700 summit highmark extreme with a chunked engine. It would require a major repair to fix as it needs a crank and 1 cylinder. I'm going to be having my 14 year old daughter ride the summit this season so a 600 would be plenty for her, so I was thinking I would drop the 600 in the 700 chassis. I would think the ignition curve on the 700 should be really close to the 600 and was hoping maybe someone has tried it before. If I used the 700 mpem it would save me a few hundered bucks and the whole dess programing hassle. So what do you guys think good or bad idea? Maybe I should just suck it up and get a 600 mpem.

i have done this befor i had a person bring me a 1999 600 non ho that needed a ignition and we put a 01 700 ignition on it and it acctily worked well i dont know for sure but it seamed to pull harder than any stock 600 i have rode like it so i would say try it for sure

Thats kinda what I was thinking, That it may just be a little hotter curve. I am just a little worried it my cause some detonation. I might just try it and keep an eye on the plugs for awhile.

Anyone else?

When I doo my 700HO BB kit off the 600HO I leave the box stock...if this helps...BJ

BTW- the 1999 non-HO is completely different curve...

Well on that note I think I will give it a go and see how she runs. And who knows, when the 600 finally goes maybe I'll have to throw a bj 700ho bb at her.

[QUOTE BTW- the 1999 non-HO is completely different curve...[/QUOTE]

yes we figured this but we ran the sled for a couple days and kept a eye on the plugs and every thing checked out and it seamed to pull hard right through the rpm range

Premium Features

Back