• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600-727 big bore?

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
Just wondering how these things are in the 07 chassis. have a buddy that has one and wants to sell it cheap to me. Just wondering wht you guys think about them good and bad. Will this be a step up from my 700? Also is it worth going back to a carb? any info would be awesome or some videos?

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
If it were me I would save my money and do the 840 kit designed for your sled. That is if you have a 700 and the motor is coming out of a carbed 600. Also is this a struthers motor or an Slp. I would call and talk to Chris at carls cycle. If I remember right there use to be a problem getting parts for these. I want to say they stopped building the cranks for them but maybe that is the 797 and again I don't know for sure but that came to mind. Carls builds great motors so any way you go will be a step up from stock. I have had 4 of their motors 910,975,and 685 and now an 860 off of the 600 all of their motors work realy well. And the good thing is the 840 runs just about as good as an 860 and it cost less. Anyway something to think about. The fuel injection is nice but carls is usually spot on with jetting on their carbs. It's a toss up but if it were me I would do 840 and keep the fuel injection.

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
well i have a dragon 700. But am selling it and dont know if i wanna try and get a 800 with like a pipe and can. or buy this 727 from my friend? help me

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
It depends on what type of riding you do. If you do more boondocking the 727 might be a better motor as it is snappier and revs quicker than the CFI motors. It will be about 10-12 lbs lighter to, and have significantly lower rotating mass due to the much smaller flywheel, hence the snappy throttle response and lighter feel to the chassis.
Ultimately, the 800 or the 840 will be more powerful. The 800 with porting and pipe can get close to 170 hp (at sea level), the 840 is probably mid 170's and the 727 about 150. If the steep and deep are what you do most then the bigger motors will be better.
Neil

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Had one in an 07 155 and just loved it ; bout the same top as an 800 cfi piped but the guys with those wish they had the throttle responce of the 727 I'm building a turbo now but if not was totally happy with the SLP 727

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
i climb a few little hills here and there. mostly boondock on treed hills in the deep pow. love dropping cornices and riding tight trees. I ride on utah and dont climb chutes just short steep ones for the most part

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IMO... the 727 is one of the most balanced engine packages on the snow for that chassis... great power and excellent throttle response.

With the forged pistons, you do have to warm them up well before riding... includes the lunch stops as well.

The porting and pipe combo for this are very refined and the jetting/clutching recommendations are "spot on" from the ones that I've thrown a leg over.

The 600's feel much more nimble than their bigger brothers... even at the same overall weight and track length... the gyroscopic effects of the short stroke/light crank make this one of the most fun and powerful sleds out there...

IMO... Get the kit... especially if it is a great price and have a ripping sled for quite some time to come!!

S

springer

Feb 1, 2008
Washington
i climb a few little hills here and there. mostly boondock on treed hills in the deep pow. love dropping cornices and riding tight trees. I ride on utah and dont climb chutes just short steep ones for the most part

For that type of riding you will love the 727.It revs up quick and has great trottle reponse.If it is an SLP kit see Max at TCP.If it is Carl's ,give Chris at Carls a call. I would not be afraid of either one. Great motors!

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
the sled already has the kit and it says 200 miles on the whole sled. sled has light weight front end was was clutched and geared by TCP. what is a good price? 5500?

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
So I am confused are you wanting to sell your 700 and buy a 600 with the 727 or at first I thought you were wanting to pull your 700 motor out and put in a 727 motor? If you are buying the 600 sled with a 727 motor then go for it. I just didn't think it would be worth it to pull a 700 motor and drop in a 727. Anyway good luck

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
sorry my bad i should have worded that better. yes i am selling my 700 that has 4300 miles on it to get the 600 with a 727 in it. should be awesome

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
just picked up the sled last night. Its pretty awesome. Do you know if my HPS can will fit and work? or is the slp one the better choice? also how long should i let this thing warm up so i am safe

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Run the SLP that came with it... the pipe can and engine package are designed as a system.... dont mess with it... especially since SLP put so much time and pulled off such a good working package.

This package is much more sensitive to backpressure changes that other cans can offer than a stock sled with just a pipe.

IMO a different can will take power.

Last edited:
Premium Features