• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

6' sled deck ?

S
Apr 9, 2008
I have a 08 gmc crew cab with the 5'8" bed. Im going to get the 6' marathon sled deck and was wondering if it would have any trouble hauling around long tracks? Does anyone have any pictures of this short of a bed with the marathon deck on it?

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I have a 08 gmc crew cab with the 5'8" bed. Im going to get the 6' marathon sled deck and was wondering if it would have any trouble hauling around long tracks? Does anyone have any pictures of this short of a bed with the marathon deck on it?

It depends what you consider a long track. You won't haul a 162", but you might be able to get away with a 151", but that would be pushing it as the sleds well over 10' long.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It depends what you consider a long track. You won't haul a 162", but you might be able to get away with a 151", but that would be pushing it as the sleds well over 10' long.

dont' know what the difference would be. weather you have a 6 foot or 8 foot they are going to hang over the same amount no matter what the track length. you just won't have as much deck under the track. I'm going 7' marathon for my truck.

S
Apr 9, 2008
dont' know what the difference would be. weather you have a 6 foot or 8 foot they are going to hang over the same amount no matter what the track length. you just won't have as much deck under the track. I'm going 7' marathon for my truck.

Do you have the 5'8" bed?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Do you have the 5'8" bed?

isnt' the 5'8" bed on the 1/2 tonnes?? I've got the 6 or 6'6" bed(whatever it is) I've got a 2500 hd. should be picking it up from full throttle this week sometime.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Here is a pic of 155 sled on 7' deck

This pic shows what i'm talking about, you couldn't put that sled on any shorter deck then that, or your asking for trouble. A 144" on a 6' deck is pushing it, could probably get away with it though. But I don't see why you want such a short deck even if your box is really short? I've got 8'6" + beavertail deck on my 6'6" box and it works good and gives you the ability to haul any track size you want. Also many companies offer a removable extension to the deck.

Premium Features