• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4 beeps and check engine

Got this error today. It only happens when riding, not at idle. Sled still runs great but every couple minutes it beeps 4 times and says check engine. Manual says bring it to the dealer. šŸ™„ My local dealer is useless.

Itā€™s on a 2017 Summit 850, electric start with 2200 kms. I drained and put fresh high test gas in last week. Lots of oil, lots of coolant. I did have the hood off to put on a skid plate. Maybe I missed hooking up a sensor somewhere?

Any ideas? I looked it up online and people are saying bad gas, brake switch, electrical problem. Ughgg. šŸ˜”

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

When it happens next time it should throw a P code.

You can read/see the P codes by going to the screen that shows RPM and speed, then push and hold the single select button on the gauge and flip your high/low beam switch back and forth until the gauge read out changes. Then it will start displaying the active ā€œPā€ codes. You can cycle through them, if there is more than one, by pressing the select button.

Once youā€™ve got the P code a quick google search will help you diagnose further.

Premium Features

Back