• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3071 or 3076 for PG M1000

C

coug66

My 3071 is junk and since I need to come up with a solution I thought I would double check the best turbo for PG application.

If I am committed to running pump gas for my M1000 2008 will I see any benefit going with a 3076?

Or will spool ups be slower and more lag without a benefit of running above 7 PSI.

Hmmmm....two recommendations for 28 series exhaust sides.....interesting. How come fellows?

I would have thought 30 series with a larger AR to better match flow characteristics of that big motor. All the guys I rode with that had tm1000/1200 were definitely running 30 series...I ran a 30 series with a small 64 AR on a non ho 800 and liked it. Just curious.

that was a TYPO, I meant the the 3073.

good catch

On the face of the numbers you are recommending a turbine and compressor combo splitting the difference?

I am Ok with this since my GT3071R will be close enough to these.

I am unfortunately on a budget so what I am trying to do for now is to have my GT3071 rebuilt. It might be slightly small but its the cheapest solution to fix. I am going to try and rebuild a Garrett instead of going to an 3076.

you could try a GTX3067 as well. I said a 28 series turbo strictly because you said pump gas only. if you planned on running 12-14 lbs of boost, I would go 30xx all day long but if your only running 5-6 lbs, that's a big turbo to fill, and you might get a little better response out of the 28...JMO

Premium Features

Back