• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 Cylinder turbo?

Get in touch with Gus Bohne on carbed turbo setups. They are a different animal and he can steer you in the right direction.

Dude EFI all the way.....Have you ever had to change the jets in one of these carb turbos......

It'll only take once and you will be cussing as I sit on my sled and push buttons to adjust my fuel and laugh......lol

I think boosted tripples are AWESOME!!!! I saw a few back in the day that ran sweet!!!!

I would do efi but cat never made any triples with efi. This would not be my main sled. Just hearing about how much power these things can make on pump fuel an low boost is crazy. And if it ran half way reliable too.

I have no issue with the turbo and pluming stuff, it the fuel pump and regulator. And being able to boost through the carbs. Just never been around carb'd turbos.

carb turbos are just as simple as efi IMO..

fuel requirements octane wise are identical, and boosting the carbs just takes some time to set it up.

ski-dooin it is correct.
Carbed sled are just as easy!!! the cool thing about carbed is once the jets are changed nothin can go haywire with a box, injector, or temp sensor etc....

if you need some help let us know we got parts in stock.

currently making 440 hp on the 900 triples, about the same with the 1000's but not as snappy as the 900 and 1004 big bores. 20 psi is all it takes.

building a 1004 this month, and of course Jason potvins 1640 PAR triple ice dragger on carbs too. simple as all get out and no tuning all the time. that was the old way to run them now its just that many n\more yrs fefined.

Gus

Dude EFI all the way.....Have you ever had to change the jets in one of these carb turbos......

It'll only take once and you will be cussing as I sit on my sled and push buttons to adjust my fuel and laugh......lol

I think boosted tripples are AWESOME!!!! I saw a few back in the day that ran sweet!!!!
you would be surprised how little the carbed sleds are affected by elevation once turbo'd. i run mine from 3-9k and dont touch much besides maybe a 1/4 turn of the p-jet because i like to see dialed afr. most people over think them for sure. heck, i run stock jetting for the carbs with just power jets for big end tuning.

Premium Features

Back