• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

24 fuel pump or something else

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
Had the 24 boost out and the fuel pump whines worse than a fat kid when someone stole his lunch. Took to the dealer he said that’s what they do. But once I am down to half a tank and i wheelie it bogs and then Gos into a limp mode but no codes. Will not rev past 4500 rpm I shut it off and all power is back until I wheelie again. Really sucks when you’re in trees. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
23 Boost doing the same thing. Dealer could not duplicate it running it on a stand. Imagine that. So now I wait for snow to deal with it again. Wishing someone could figure out a for sure fix.

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I have a 22' N/A with fuel pump recall done and it's doing the same thing. I have researched for an after market pump and NOBODY has a direct replacement that I can find. A new Polaris pump assembly
(can't buy just the pump) is over 1000 dollars in Canada. Sucks to think every 1000 to 1200 miles I will have to buy a new pump just to ride my sled (no warranty left) was hoping The latest fuel system recall would be a new pump and have called customer service and they have NO fix as of yet. Love the sled but Polaris's QC SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have a 22' N/A with fuel pump recall done and it's doing the same thing. I have researched for an after market pump and NOBODY has a direct replacement that I can find. A new Polaris pump assembly
(can't buy just the pump) is over 1000 dollars in Canada. Sucks to think every 1000 to 1200 miles I will have to buy a new pump just to ride my sled (no warranty left) was hoping The latest fuel system recall would be a new pump and have called customer service and they have NO fix as of yet. Love the sled but Polaris's QC SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!
They should warranty the pumps for at least 3 years given all the issues with them.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
There are a few things to check.
You will need to pull the pump.
On the pump assembly, check that the line coming from the back filter is inserted into the black box. Make sure the FPR is completely seated, check out the pic. We have seen a few like this.
You may need to replace the rear pickup sock as well, it may be a 10 micron instead of a 30.
On my personal sled, I installed a brass fitting in the assemblies return line. It stopped the whine. I believe the returning fuel needs more residency time which affects fuel temps and adds a little back pressure to the pump.
As you can see in the pic, by the color of the sock, it’s now drawing fuel through it. It’s a 30 micron sock.
Also check your fuel temp, fuel pressure sensor. Make sure the connector is seated and locked.
Just for your info, the Boost pump is a 180lph pump vs the 150lph pump on a NA sled.
IMG_1989.jpegIMG_1988.jpeg.
IMG_3962.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: volcano buster

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
How do you know if it’s a 10 or 30 micron sock? I purchased kit PN 2209832 filter kit and installed but didn’t get an opportunity to test.
My FPR looked good and was seated like it should be.

Premium Features