• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 boost sputtering at break in?

J
Jan 22, 2023
Quebec
New to Polaris ,coming off ski Doo summits my whole life just received my 2023 boost 165,drove it for first few hours yesterday and it sputtered at wot? Also the throttle was sticking a little till I hit the break,not every time but often. Just wondering if this is normal for the boost at break in?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
New to Polaris ,coming off ski Doo summits my whole life just received my 2023 boost 165,drove it for first few hours yesterday and it sputtered at wot? Also the throttle was sticking a little till I hit the break,not every time but often. Just wondering if this is normal for the boost at break in?

The throttle sticking has been a common Polaris issue for years. Welcome to the club. Usually its from ice buildup in and around the throttle block. I've also seen issues with the cables themselves being run poorly and kinked, or the sheathing inside the cable causing problems. Any slack in the cable can cause runability issues with the TPS, but usually it just kills the sled. I suppose that could be related to the sputter.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Make sure your fuel setting is right. 88 ethanol or 91 non ethanol. On the 7S Push the polaris star while it’s running then in the upper right you see the two fuel options. That made a noticeable difference in how my sled ran during break in and after. By the way, I’ve had my fuel option switch on its own unless I touched the screen while riding and didn’t realize I changed it. Worth checking that setting now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Got 5 mi on my sled been trying to put break in miles in the ditch, and just put on a HPS can and now I'm getting some bogging.,. Anybody else have this and what did you find out was the remedy???

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Premium Features