• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Lynx Boondocker - Rev limiter at 4500 RPM?

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I just picked up my new Lynx DS 4100 on Saturday.. Today Monday I went to ride it for the first time and it wont rev past 4500-5000 rpm, Bounces off some rev limiter. I have no idea what's going on and dealer is closed on Mondays.

Anyone got any ideas?

It came with the old one button gauge , there is no errors or any warning lights on at all. Everything looks to be plugged in correctly. ( baring pulling the hood apart to look at the pipe sensor plug but I yanked on it with my hand and it feels plugged in)

Both my Keys say GOOD KEY when I start it up.

It was warmed up to 3 bars.

Belt looks adjusted correctly, it seems to run fine then hits some weird rev limiter at 4500.

Last edited:
  • 2 Stars
Reactions: supersmith
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Speedo is working. Everything appears to be working, runs good until 4500 rpm then bounces off a rev limiter.

I know with Husky's/KTM's the dealer has forgot to unlock mine, does Ski-Doo/Lynx have that as well?

Held the Dash button down and flicked the lights off and on, says NO ACTIVE P-CODES

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Speedo is working. Everything appears to be working, runs good until 4500 rpm then bounces off a rev limiter.

I know with Husky's/KTM's the dealer has forgot to unlock mine, does Ski-Doo/Lynx have that as well?

Held the Dash button down and flicked the lights off and on, says NO ACTIVE P-CODES
Hope a doo guy can chime in but we towed one out a while back becasue it was in that kind of limp mode. So many sensors these days that can be unhappy. I would expect a code though.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Just pulled the belt off, tried to rev it up in the shop. same deal around 4000-5000 rpm it just makes that rev limiter bouncing noise you might hear on cars. No idea what its problem is...its going to the dealer first thing in the morning.. Frustrated, its always something when I buy toys. My last KTM the dealer forgot to "unlock" it and it also had an oil leak.

• Sad
Reactions: shortgame247
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Check throttle cable adjustment
What do you mean? its seems fine. My 2014 summit if the cable was messed up or full of ice basically wouldn't run. This runs like a raped ape then bounces off some sort of rev limiter at about 4k rpm.

anyway I was hoping it was something stupid, but no one I called today has any idea. Taking it to dealer tomorrow I hope
( hopefully they will help me - hopes are very low all the dealers of any brand are horrific here )

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Just got it back.

They don't really know what was wrong with it, no errors. They plugged it into the computer today and it said there was an update ( that wasn't there Saturday when I picked it up apparently ). Anyway they updated it and now its working fine. /shrug.

Someone's new Doo was sitting outside next to mine with the same problem - pinging off the rev limiter at 5k.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just got it back.

They don't really know what was wrong with it, no errors. They plugged it into the computer today and it said there was an update ( that wasn't there Saturday when I picked it up apparently ). Anyway they updated it and now its working fine. /shrug.

Someone's new Doo was sitting outside next to mine with the same problem - pinging off the rev limiter at 5k.
I bet it was looking for the data from the tether because they did not program it to use the standard tether.

Last edited:
Premium Features