• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 CRF 450r

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
Looking to communicate with other new Honda owners with regards to setup and accessory availability.
Please post things when you find them. Doesn't need to be specific to my list below as everyone builds there bikes different!

I like to setup My builds with the following
Bike Protection:
Skid Plate (AXP and P3 have them available as of Dec1 2020)
Rad Guards (scouring the internet to no avail)
Pipe Guard (Acerbis has one coming but not sure when....)

Snow specific:
T Stat (C3 specific head mounted unavailable. Thermo bobs should work)
Engine Blanket (Probably have to make my own this year)
Seats (currently nothing available)

Hope to share some info with other Honda Riders!

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I am not a Honda guy so I don't know if the 2021 is drastically different than the 2020 but you might want to look into Selkirk Engine Armour. They list it for the 2020 model. Seems expensive at first look but in your case it becomes your skidplate, pipeguard, engine blanket, and some rad protection. Super well designed and quality fabrication. i just installed one on a KTM and I am impressed so far but have not rode it yet. Reports from others indicate it works great and controls temps very well which is important.
https://selkirksmx.com/honda-engine-armor/

There is a rider review on my Facebook page you can check out. Link is in my sig.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
Thanks GKR. One of my riding partners has the selkirk setup. Very nice indeed.
The 2021 Honda is all new which is posing some challenges to setting it up to my liking. It is significantly different from its predecessor. Selkirk doesn't list the 2021 yet and I'd be surprised if it was available for this winter.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Thermobob should still work well unless it got a lot tighter in there. You should try reaching out to PST about the engine blanket, they may be able to prototype one with you.

S
Jan 3, 2019
I have a 21 450RX and the 20 C3 thermostat works on it just fine. My buddy had to put a little more dent in the pipe but mine fit snug. C3 heated bars are great too! I heard a rumor that the 20 C3 intake is being installed at a dealership and I will keep you posted, but he said it should fit... my a## hurts so it would be great to get a seat soon!! Ha!! Talked with outerwears and gave them some measurements on the stock filter and they said they could find a mesh that would be close enough too, but if not they sell the sheets and you could make your own. Good post because we are struggling too!! Thanks everyone

Premium Features