• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 850 fouling plugs during warm up

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hotter plug works but has this sled been reflashed? There were 2 ECU updates for 2019.

S
Feb 12, 2022
Canada
Hey guys !

Same issue here with my 2021 khaos.

13 hours on it now. I’ve fouled 13 plugs on the PTO side.

I’ve tired BPR9ES, BR9EYA and BR9IEX

I ONLY have fouling on cold start. Always PTO side and I’ve tired long warmups, going as soon as cold goes out and going as soon as I’ve stated the machine. All foul.

For me it’s a consistent scenario, and here it is;

I put brand new plugs in the sled and it runs amazing. When the sled is running it runs AMAZING. I run for about an hour, come home and park the sled inside. The next day I come out. Start it, and it fouls PTO plug.. EVERY TIME. I replace both plugs, start the sled and again flawless. It seems like during the hour of use the plug is loading up on carbon (I ride trail, hills, mix of everything, I’m not gentle on the sled by any means). So when the sled is warming up on the 1 hour set of used plugs, she fouls. This happens every single time !!

To me it seems like a map issue and she’s very rich on the PTO side, maybe Polaris is running is rich to protect it. Never blown a plug on the other side.

Sled is currently at the dealer, I’ve had the reflash update and it did nothing.

I am not accepting trial and error, I paid $20,000 Canadian for this sled and it should be expected to work. We shouldn’t have to be doing this and doing that, the sled should work, period. Never seen something so unreliable. It’s very disappointing.

I’ll keep you posted.

Premium Features