• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 850 Drive Belt Squeel

B
Nov 20, 2019
Hey I was wondering what the issue might be with my 850. I rode today and parked the sled outside when I got home -22 today with wicked wind. Went to load up 3 hours later. Let the sled warm up in the back yard. When the belt drive went to engage I don't know if it was slipping or what but it had a squeel. Just wanted to know if that's somewhat normal and should've lifted the rear to cycle the track first or what. First belt drive sled instead of chain case ..don't want to be burning the belt.

Thanks

D
Dec 2, 2012
Quahog
The quickdrive has cogs. i dont own one but dont think the squealing would come from that. Only time mine would squeal is when maybe when the belt got wet from snow/water. Or the clutch drive belt deflection is too tight. If it is a brand new sled usually they come too loose and dont squeal at idle.

B
Nov 20, 2019
The quickdrive has cogs. i dont own one but dont think the squealing would come from that. Only time mine would squeal is when maybe when the belt got wet from snow/water. Or the clutch drive belt deflection is too tight. If it is a brand new sled usually they come too loose and dont squeal at idle.

Thanks for the reply! Ya being cogged like that to you wouldn't think it would have a squeel coming from it but I have no idea. I should've removed the side panel when it was happening. I just ended up having a buddy lift the rear of the sled cycled the track a couple times and the sound went away. Just wondering if anyone else may have had this happen. Or what I could do to prevent it. I'll check to see how my belt deflection is looking though too. Thanks

Premium Features