• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 yz450fx fuel maps

W
Sep 23, 2020
fair enough, now that I think about it have have down shifted and it felt like i lost all power and just revved real high. wasnt that often but see where you are coming from

C
Feb 20, 2022
Idaho
I made up a 9 maps to try this year from 4-11k feet and stored them in the tuner. Started out with +4 on timing and 0 on fuels and worked my way down to +2 timing -2 on fuels. You should not have any problems with a stock bike and +4 timing up high because of the slower burn rate. Probable could go more. I am going to install AFR gauge and give it a go. These snowbike ecu all they are really doing is close to the same thing you can do with the gytr tuner except I am sure they have more tables and rows for more exact timing and fueling. I am sure they have premium fuel maps which will have a lot of timing, maybe even more then i can add with gytr? I will report back after the season if anyone is interested. In my case with my bike 16 yz450fx I all ready know it does not like the extra fuel up high. I will be playing with a 18 yz450f also. Curious how different they will be
Very little discussion on the net about proper AF mapping at higher elevations and cold temps. Any success or beta to share with AF Gauge Raleigh111? I’ve narrowed down a pretty good map at -2 Fueling and +2 Ignition similar to you. Nothing compares to being able to AF real time though. I’m running a ‘21 YZ450FX. We use our bikes for backcountry ski access as well. This is a bit different in that they are cold soaked at 10-15deg F when we return to them to rip out of the backcountry. We’ve had difficulties starting them in these conditions, even with Antigravity Batt’s and Antigravity Jumper Battery. After doing some reading some suggest richer map for cold weather starts but would this also be true at 9000ish feet?
Thanks fellas.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I haven't had any issues with the wide ratio however I haven't tried anything else but that so I suppose I don't know. I was able to pull third in pretty much anything last season, rarely did I downshift
AZ Quad parts 500cc athena cylinder with CP hi comp piston big bore kit is the slam dunk for that motor. Pair it with hotcams stage 2 cams. The motor absolutely rips, i've built 5 of them now after my buddies all rode mine they had to have it. +4 or so on fuel and +3 ignition over a stock map on the tuner is awesome. Wish they made the big bore for my 21 motor... i'm getting pulled by my friend on my old bike for now....

M
Jan 14, 2004
How many hours are you getting out of those 500 kits? Both my bikes have crossed over 150 hours so I will be doing 2 full rebuilds for sure this summer.

M5

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
it's a single ring piston from CP - so I generally don't try to run that too far over 100 hours. No wear or visible breakdown on the rebuild, no drop in compression - just staying ahead of things as the backcountry is nowhere to take risks with your gear. As usual high quality synthetic oil is paramount. I personally also like to add the GYTR high compression piston oil sprayer, it adds a second nozzle that sprays more oil on more areas of the piston and cylinder. (requires a case split to install :( )

M
Jan 14, 2004
I will be splitting the cases for sure. Both bikes had new top ends at 80 hours, piston, rings, timing chains etc. Next go round will be full on, new cranks, all bearings, timing chains, the works. I will probably swap in a WR 5th gear as well and keep the YZ 1-4.

M5

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I like the wr 1 and 2 also after riding a 22 wr Sunday... But 5th is a huge step for roads. We'll played

Premium Features