• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Expo

M

MarleneeSteven

Aug 17, 2009
Idaho Falls, ID
www.mountainsnowadventures.com
Well, it's getting just about time for sled season, and that means it's time for the EXPO!! I'll keep adding details as they're available.

The Show is officially, Sat-Sun, October 7-8 2017. The Swap Meet ONLY runs on Saturday.

WEBSITE FOR SHOW: CLICK HERE

HOTEL: CLICK HERE
You need to book before 9/6/17 to get the discount. It's the same hotel we always stay in. You can call (303) 321-3333

SWAP MEET: CLICK HERE

WORKSHOP LIST: CLICK HERE

Last edited:
S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Just a heads up for those flying in for the show. It appears there is no longer shuttle service to and from the airport. You will need to take the train to Central Park station where they will pick you up from.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Just a heads up for those flying in for the show. It appears there is no longer shuttle service to and from the airport. You will need to take the train to Central Park station where they will pick you up from.

Uber will cost you about $40 from the airport to that area.

The light rail option is good. You can also transfer and take something north or stay in the downtown area.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Vintage Sleds @ Snow show?

Who is the contact for entry of snowmobiles if someone wanted to enter a vintage sled into the snow show?

Thank you.

Quinton

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Avalanche class at show, instructed by Mike Duffy

October 8 Denver Sunday 9:15am. Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Expo Sign up: Text Mike 970-390-9433
$40

“Avalanche Rescue Skills”*
All new classroom session with hands-on transceiver use. Emphasis is on avalanche transceivers and rescue techniques. Class will start with a quick review on avalanche accidents, how to prevent getting caught, best gear to carry and reading avalanche forecasts. Will progress to more advanced avalanche topics and rescue techniques including: leading a rescue, efficient rescue techniques, using advanced features on 3 antenna transceivers, escaping avalanches, progression of terrain, preventing burial and the nine avalanche problems.*
Students should bring their avalanche gear to class (transceiver, shovel, probe, pack). If you do not have, I will supply. Bring your riding partners.*
Draws from over 20 years of my guiding, training, research, mountain rescue, snowmobiling and teaching experience.

Mike Duffy
Avalanche1.com

Professional avalanche education for mountain riders.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
^^ I thought the show was great. Much larger and well laid out. Vendors all had room and not nearly as crammed together as we've seen in years past.

Excellent vendor selection and some very good clinics. Denver show is growing and headed in a positive direction!

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I thought the show itself was great. Having the swap split into two areas with one behind the building was awful. The only snowmobile sales that I know of was near the entrance. Nobody in the back lot sold any that I'm aware of. The show goers did not want to walk all the way back there. I watched people turn around all day.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I thought the show itself was great. Having the swap split into two areas with one behind the building was awful. The only snowmobile sales that I know of was near the entrance. Nobody in the back lot sold any that I'm aware of. The show goers did not want to walk all the way back there. I watched people turn around all day.
There was a back area?! that explains it haha good thing im pretty not to bright tho!!!

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I was set up in the back lot in 2013 and hardly anyone knew it was there and the lot was pretty full of sellers, maybe it needs some BIG signs so people know it's back their.

B
Feb 19, 2008
Summit co.CO
The show itself wasn't bad.
The swap meet on the other hand was very weak for all the reasons that others have mentioned.

I think that part of the problem is that since the show moved down from the merchandise mart the swap meet has been very thin and poorly laid out. In turn anyone who has been to the swap meet in person would likely not be motivated to haul their goods all the way down their and pay for the privilege. Especially when you can sell stuff for free on Craigslist from the comfort of your own home.

I'm of the mentality that if you're going to have a swap meet , do it right or don't do it at all.

Personally, I go to the show as much for the swap meet as the show itself.

Just my 2 cents...

Premium Features