• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 M8000 questions

S
Nov 6, 2002
Alaska
I get to upgrade my ride this year. Looking at a 15 Pro and a 16 M. I have been riding a 2010 700RMK. What do I need to check out on the M? It has 1,900 miles. What upgrades are needed to make the M a better and more reliable? Thanks

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Not much to be honest. You get good clutches, the narrower front end, better shocks no matter what the trim. About the only thing that truly sucks on those sleds are the running boards, but they're still usable. It's mostly a question of handling, which I'd give a slight (like very slight) nod to the polaris. The motor on the cat blows away they pro. The cat is heavier, and it's noticeable but it's also more sturdy/durable because of it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
both are decent years, the polaris will need new pistons more often, change em out before they break. cats are kinda bigger sleds than pros, will take getting used to coming off a pro. better suspension if you pound it. upgrades for days, you can go crazy making the cat chassis better but really doesnt need stuff to be reliable. skinny tube boards would be a big upgrade, quite a bit of work, and id make sure it has newer 21/49 gear ratio if its 7 tooth drivers/3". i think thats what '17 limiteds came with check the parts diagram tho.

Last edited:

ArcticChat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2014
I have a 2016 M8 Sno Pro with around 2500 trouble free miles. I would not buy a Cat older than 2016. My 16 has a different front bumper that's all. All my riding buddies have Pro's and Axys sleds I've ridden both. They work great but they replace their top ends every 1500 - 2500 miles.

Premium Features