• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 154 T3

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
2016 T3 154, Lava Red. 475 miles, all stock except DJ kit. Can sell with DJ kit or stock clutching, either way. Couple scratches, no major damage. Too short for my big butt for the steep tree riding we do, I will stick with my 174.
$11,750
Can't deliver or crate, must be picked up in McCall ID or arrange shipping after payment is made. Can run financing for a fee through the dealership here. Clean and clear title in hand. It is on my deck and iced up, so will get pics asap.
Chris

jethro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2008
Emmett Id.
Sweet

This sled rips !! Can't believe your selling it ,,if I get finances I'd be buying ,,Good luck on sell .

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Thanks, they do rip. If it weren't for the fact that we spent the entire last ride on 45 degree plus slopes in the trees sidehilling, I would keep it. I still have my 174 and just bought a 155 Axys to replace the 154 Doo.

T
Dec 9, 2015
Thanks, they do rip. If it weren't for the fact that we spent the entire last ride on 45 degree plus slopes in the trees sidehilling, I would keep it. I still have my 174 and just bought a 155 Axys to replace the 154 Doo.

hows the axys? 3"?
I did what you just did. spent a trip on my 154 t3 and its not enough. now looking for a 174 or maybe 160 something t3 or axys?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
We have found through multiple riders and sleds that the 2.6 outperforms the 3.0. This is in DEEP also. Not sure, track speed, quickdrive, gearing....the 2.6 goes through the snow quicker.
I got the 2.6. I haven't ridden it yet. Haven't put it together yet, lol. Working on that tonight.
174 T3 is my favorite sled, I will always have one. It is comparable to the 163 Axys. The Axys climbs up way quicker than T3, but where there is room to stretch it's legs, the T3 will pass right by the Axys.

T
Dec 9, 2015
We have found through multiple riders and sleds that the 2.6 outperforms the 3.0. This is in DEEP also. Not sure, track speed, quickdrive, gearing....the 2.6 goes through the snow quicker.
I got the 2.6. I haven't ridden it yet. Haven't put it together yet, lol. Working on that tonight.
174 T3 is my favorite sled, I will always have one. It is comparable to the 163 Axys. The Axys climbs up way quicker than T3, but where there is room to stretch it's legs, the T3 will pass right by the Axys.

nice, good info. Thank you

R
Oct 10, 2014
Post up a review on the Axys when you get it up and going!!! It would be interesting to see a long time Doo guy thoughts on a bunch of seat time on the Axys! Good luck on the sale. My T3 has .2 miles on it and that was on a jack stand after putting it together.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have a feeling the Axys will be up for sale shortly. Couple things bother me. Bars suck. Bend and rise. This thing is such a smoker on initial startup, Cheech and Chong would be coughing. I do like the storage options. (After paying a ton for them.) I have an old style bar bag, underseat bag, and long tunnel bag. I cannot fill everything up, not even close, even with tasty beverages. The Doo options are bad when it comes to storage. On a good note, I unloaded everything but a shovel and beacon from my pack, to save my poor back. Had surgery summer before last, another one this summer.
Will see tomorrow, going into a place where I rode my T3 174 last week.

T
Dec 9, 2015
I have a feeling the Axys will be up for sale shortly. Couple things bother me. Bars suck. Bend and rise. This thing is such a smoker on initial startup, Cheech and Chong would be coughing. I do like the storage options. (After paying a ton for them.) I have an old style bar bag, underseat bag, and long tunnel bag. I cannot fill everything up, not even close, even with tasty beverages. The Doo options are bad when it comes to storage. On a good note, I unloaded everything but a shovel and beacon from my pack, to save my poor back. Had surgery summer before last, another one this summer.
Will see tomorrow, going into a place where I rode my T3 174 last week.

+1, let us know how it compares

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I will still sell the 154 T3, but the Axys is for sale too. It does a couple of things better than the Doo, but too many things bother me about it to keep it.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I will still sell the 154 T3, but the Axys is for sale too. It does a couple of things better than the Doo, but too many things bother me about it to keep it.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Handlebar bend killed my wrists, heavy steering, hard to initiate sidehill, reverse button hard to find/hit when you need it on steep downhills, heater controls take looking at to use, old school gas gauge, it hates being on my sled deck, (almost fell off the ramp twice in two loads), suspension is as bad as the Doo (soft), Polaris's inability to stock parts (arms backordered until April?), it rattles and shakes when it idles, the Doo has more power by far, the front end of the Pro seems to want to go downhill, even on straight up climbs. When I get off kilter it is really really hard to get the front end going back up hill. I guess that is why the Doo works for me, even though I complain about it, I can ride a Doowheelie all the way up a hill without touching the skis and balance left/right/straight the whole way.
Don't get me wrong, the Axys is a killer sled, it just doesn't fit me. It is 10 times better looking than the fat Doos. My buddy hopped off his 2015 Pro and fell in love with the Axys. The Axys will hold a steep sidehill like crazy. The low end snap and clutching feels awesome. It warms up quick, really quick. Cools well. Just doesn't fit me. Not sure why. It does take a LOT more effort to ride than the Doo, I am whipped after only 30 miles. 60 mile days on my Doos don't make me feel like this, lol. Throttle input is a huge part of what makes the Poo work, and I don't ride that way, I like to initiate slow sidehills in technical/tight stuff, not pin it and hope it goes where I want. Maybe if I were 24 instead of 44 the Pro would fit me better?
I rode with the same guy today, same areas, same snow as last ride, with my 174 Doo. I felt like I could do anything on the Doo, today I felt like a first year rider, hesitant to even drop into some stuff that was no big deal.
Don't know.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Handlebar bend killed my wrists, heavy steering, hard to initiate sidehill, reverse button hard to find/hit when you need it on steep downhills, heater controls take looking at to use, old school gas gauge, it hates being on my sled deck, (almost fell off the ramp twice in two loads), suspension is as bad as the Doo (soft), Polaris's inability to stock parts (arms backordered until April?), it rattles and shakes when it idles, the Doo has more power by far, the front end of the Pro seems to want to go downhill, even on straight up climbs. When I get off kilter it is really really hard to get the front end going back up hill. I guess that is why the Doo works for me, even though I complain about it, I can ride a Doowheelie all the way up a hill without touching the skis and balance left/right/straight the whole way.
Don't get me wrong, the Axys is a killer sled, it just doesn't fit me. It is 10 times better looking than the fat Doos. My buddy hopped off his 2015 Pro and fell in love with the Axys. The Axys will hold a steep sidehill like crazy. The low end snap and clutching feels awesome. It warms up quick, really quick. Cools well. Just doesn't fit me. Not sure why. It does take a LOT more effort to ride than the Doo, I am whipped after only 30 miles. 60 mile days on my Doos don't make me feel like this, lol. Throttle input is a huge part of what makes the Poo work, and I don't ride that way, I like to initiate slow sidehills in technical/tight stuff, not pin it and hope it goes where I want. Maybe if I were 24 instead of 44 the Pro would fit me better?
I rode with the same guy today, same areas, same snow as last ride, with my 174 Doo. I felt like I could do anything on the Doo, today I felt like a first year rider, hesitant to even drop into some stuff that was no big deal.
Don't know.

I think you are feeling the difference between vertical steering and horizontal.
Definitely takes multiple rides to adjust the direction you are trying to turn the bars. Fighting against the bars can make for heavy steering and fatigue.

Adjusting the rear springs for less ski pressure may also be helpful.

Make sure you run it around 8300 rpm (stock pipe) and after the 2.5 hour break in mine really woke up.

They definitely take a different set of imputs than an xm in my experience.

Good luck though.

You gonna try a 16 cat?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I think you are feeling the difference between vertical steering and horizontal.
Definitely takes multiple rides to adjust the direction you are trying to turn the bars. Fighting against the bars can make for heavy steering and fatigue.

Adjusting the rear springs for less ski pressure may also be helpful.

Make sure you run it around 8300 rpm (stock pipe) and after the 2.5 hour break in mine really woke up.

They definitely take a different set of imputs than an xm in my experience.

Good luck though.

You gonna try a 16 cat?

Someone else just said the same thing about the vertical steering, I didn't even realize until it was brought up.
The bend on the bars is bad for me, I have funny wrists that need a certain bend.
I had to increase the rear spring preload, I was bottoming it so hard.
My bud had a very intricate set of instructions on how to ride a Pro, feet position, brake to set the sled, throttle to get it to react. It was confusing, but made sense. I would rather ride something that I am comfortable on than spend a season re-learning how to ride.
If Doo wasn't coming out with something BIG next year, I would learn how to ride the Pro.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I just unloaded it and the thing just about fell off the ramp again, lol. It doesn't like me.
OH. What I really hate is that Polaris owns Klim and sells the number one reason we have to buy new pants, the Pro running boards!

Premium Features