• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 XM "Stuff"

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Just some general observation "stuff" on the X, after nearly 1000 km on it:

Front ski bushings - some guys were complaining that they were junk. I had a look at them at 200 km and the bushings/bolts were dry as a bone, premature wear starting to show up, rusted, crappy factory grease I'm guessing. I greased 'em up and just had them apart, still nice and greasy, no wear marks like they were showing from the first inspection.

Chaincase oil, had it serviced at 200km, new oil put in, checked it today and it had 3-4oz more fluid in it than it should have and its all grey! It would appear water/moisture coming in from somewhere, sled going in to dealer to see whats happening, maybe a driveshaft seal, but no oil seen under the sled.

Sway bar - tossed it out after my last ride with takethebounce, I had disconnected it prior to the ride and its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better, for me, without it. Much better/precise steering all over but especially sidehilling, some complain that the sled darts more on the trail but who rides on the trail! The entire sway bar will slide out on the muffler side, easy stuff.

Sherm

Some grey fleck/silverish metal coloring in the chain case oil is normal. I've had mine open several times and it's like that every time. The tiny drain plug is magnetized to attract anything major.

Some grey fleck/silverish metal coloring in the chain case oil is normal. I've had mine open several times and it's like that every time. The tiny drain plug is magnetized to attract anything major.

Ya, just shouldn't have been that much extra oil in the case more than anything. On my Nytro, I could go a entire season and the oil would come out pretty pristine, some discoloration but not much and very little metal material in it....Sherm

The Doo chain and gears are very soft --can not be compared to the yamaha chain and gears that just laugh at 300 turbo ponys. Both My turbo and supercharger had between 6500 and 7000 KM on them on the original chain and gears -- My Budies doos of past years all had gears and chains with unbelievable wear after just on season and the oil just loaded with Metal.
I will probably upgrade to a team chain and gears for next season or go Belt just for ****s and giggles.

Last edited:
and a efficient tension roller rather than a slide tensioner
doo chain case needs 2 or 3 changes per year with your mileage sherm

and a efficient tension roller rather than a slide tensioner
doo chain case needs 2 or 3 changes per year with your mileage sherm

I think the solution is to not go sledding so much! That's what's screwing it up! They've been trying to sell me on the belt drive but I think a better chain/gear like mentioned might be the ticket, just rolled over 1200 km on the beasty yesterday, runs like a top and usually gets to the top! Sherm

My 15 ski bushings had premature wear and starting to rust. No coating like years past or grease.@ 105 miles. Wrong place to scrub off weight I think.:der::becky:

i know on the 2014s some guys were drilling and tapping a grease nipple into the spindle to get grease onto the bushings, any reason it couldn't be done on the T3?

Premium Features

Back