• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 proclimb Track?

Sep 25, 2012
What are people running for tracks on there 800 proclimbs ? Im looking at putting a 3" on and looking for some feedback. Anyone having problems with there camoplast challenger X3? recommendations ?

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I put a 3 pc on my 13 with 7 tooth drivers. Hands down the funnest sled I have ever owned right now. I do have a few other mods but the 3 inch made a huge difference

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I've been running the X3 for two seasons now. I've had it in just about every snow condition at this point, and the only time it's been a bummer has been on real wind blown hard pack, when I almost came down a hill backwards.
Obviously, the track is not meant for that type of snow.
I haven't ridden the 3" PC so I can't compare the two. The X3 is heavier, but less expensive.
All I know is I still have all my lugs, and I wouldn't go back to the 2.6" track.

Downhill braking is improved
You can slow down on a hill, pick your line through the trees, get back on the throttle and dig out of some sticky situations

On the other hand, the track is heavier (X3)
Overheating on a trail becomes an issue, but normally isn't a problem if you put the scratchers down and try to hit some fresher snow when you see it

Between the '16 front end and the 3" track, I'm not sure which is the better mod. Both make quite a difference.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
I have a powerclaw 3" and a X3 both are equally the same love them both will not go back to a 2.6 . One of the best mods you can do. also down sized my driver to a 7 tooth

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
I'm currently running the x3.2 and absolutely love it! Went with 7 tooth drivers to keep som clearance between the lugs and tunnel. I went from a 2.6 Powerclaw (which was a great track) and I believe the x3 or 3.2 is just a whole different animal. As stated before, the only snow it doesn't like is hardpack and wind blown. The Proclimb actually stops when going downhill instead of just washing out!

Premium Features