• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro RMK bogging

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
Hi guys,

This is the 2nd ride of the season with my pro and it is acting very weird from idle to 5000 rpm... It's like the motor is on load and doesn't make much power.
I give more throttle slowly and it's still keep the same speed and rpm and then at a certain point (almost half throttle) it goes just like normal. If i WOT from 5500rpm there is no bugging. If i punch it from zero it is weak for about a second or two than it's ok.

Last year before storing the sled for summer i put some stabilizer in the fuel but the tank was almost empty already. Than this year i didnt had the chance :face-icon-small-sad to put new gas in it and i did a 20 miles ride. On the second ride i had fresh premium gas in it and it was still doing it. I dont know if that could have something to do with the fuel filter? If not, i also just changed the VES spring for a green/white (running approx 3000') and cleaned the power valve and put them back on with new gasket.

I did a compression test and one cylinder was 113 and the other one 120. My friend with a same sled did 120/120 so even if the numbers are low it seems more like the gauge reads low.

Any ideas?

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
Pull the exhaust valve on the side that is 113.

Probably scored.

Condensation from a summer and chitty gas can eat a cyl. Quick.

Putting a flashlight in the hole and looking for scratches on piston/cylinder?

Sled does have "normal" power past 5000 rpm...

Premium Features