• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Jackshaft upgrade

mtbraun

Premium Member
I have everything off and ready to remove the driven shaft from the chaincase. I tried to hammer this out but am nervous because it isn't moving at all. I was also afraid of damaging the backside seal if I put too much heat on the bearing. Any tricks to getting this shaft out other than beating on it? Thanks.IMG_0293.jpg

It's a taper lock bearing. You need a piece of pipe or deep socket to slide over the shaft and drive that threaded collet backwards towards the clutches to release it from the bearing.

The good news is that worked awesome. Thank you. The not so good news is that when I was installing the engine mount to the clutch side bearing hub, I slipped and cocked the hub enough to knock out both of the seals on the new bearing. Faak!

It looks like the bearing and hub are the same part number between 2014 and 2015. Good thing Country Cat is so close to me and they have awesome service.

Finished up the repair. Not too bad a job, but I have to say, those Peer bearings are just garbage! I've never worked with a "sealed" bearing that fell apart so easily.

Premium Features

Back