• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 RMK New Release PIC questions

B
Sep 21, 2004
I have read pretty thoroughly the posts on the 2013 sled to see if there was any discussion specific to the pics on the Polaris website of the drive belt system and then a pic further down the page that lists the changes collectively of the "light weight" silencer option?

What I mean specifically is how different the brake assembly, rotor, caliper clocking and location in the sled appears....as if they are two different designs altogether. Many people discussed the placement of the caliper and rotor on the jackshaft versus driveshaft....but these two pics apparently show exactly just this.

Am I missing something? The pic of the belt system shows a rotor and caliper on jackshaft behind a belt cog....the silencer pic shows a rotor down low on the tunnel with no belt cog and the caliper is clocked in a different position than the pic of the belt drive system.

Check out the site and tell me whats up?

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/snowmobiles/2013-preview/deep-snow/800-pro-rmk-155/pages/features.aspx

Last edited:
J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
The silencer picture shows the 2011/12 chaincase setup with the rotor on the outside. Just reusing a pic from last year I guess.

B
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah I can see that rotor config is the same....looks decieving lower in the chassis than jackshaft height but I am sure that is a correct assement. I have never peered into a 2012 sled on the chaincase side. I have to milk my 07 RAW....

Premium Features