• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
R
Nov 7, 2012
Picking up a 2012 pro rmk 800 holdover tmrw...... def wanna pipe can intake fuel controller this thing ..... i know my brands slp jaws mbrp hps etc etc etc but cant find any place that sells performance parts for the 2012 pro i want a slp stage 3 but cant find one!! any help.....

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
The money you will spend vs the performance gain isn't worth it. I talked to the main man at Northstar today. Their piston kit is the way to go. 18+ hp gain more dependable. Safer with today's fuels. For about the same $ than a pipe and controller. I got to get one.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I have the stage 4 on my 12, my ridding buddy has the 3 on his not a ton of diff between the two. I think the SLP is well worth the money, thats just me. Carl's cycle has all the SLP parts and performance you can imagine. 208- 853-5550 ask for the parts department and they will hook you up. If you have performance questions Ask for Chris in performance. He will help you with mapping and clutching, for the stage 3. Tell him Chris Case sent you.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
The money you will spend vs the performance gain isn't worth it. I talked to the main man at Northstar today. Their piston kit is the way to go. 18+ hp gain more dependable. Safer with today's fuels. For about the same $ than a pipe and controller. I got to get one.

What is northstar web site , can,t find anything about this pro piston kit

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I thought anyone could order straight off of SLP's website?

Montgom345

Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2008
suitecase

Wondering how much tuning you and your buddy had to do on your slp stage kits. looking into a stage 3 right now. What info you got for me on this.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Tuning was easy for my buddies, had Carl's flash the new fuel map, set the clutching up to your elevation. Then grab a hand full!
Mine on the other hand toke a little more because of the race gas. It was a couple week process before I was happy..

Im pretty spoiled when it comes to having my sleds set up, The guys at Carl's take good care of me. they are close to me so if I need a map change in the box I just run it over to them, Bamm! done deal. So I have never even hooked my box up to the lap top. I know what clutching I need and what the do under the hood.

If it was me I would have my cylinders ported if you don't mind spend a little extra, It makes a big Jump when you do.

Green spring in the primary
black and Green in secondary

Last edited:

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Tuning was easy for my buddies, had Carl's flash the new fuel map, set the clutching up to your elevation. Then grab a hand full!
Mine on the other hand toke a little more because of the race gas. It was a couple week process before I was happy..

Im pretty spoiled when it comes to having my sleds set up, The guys at Carl's take good care of me. they are close to me so if I need a map change in the box I just run it over to them, Bamm! done deal. So I have never even hooked my box up to the lap top. I know what clutching I need and what the do under the hood.

If it was me I would have my cylinders ported if you don't mind spend a little extra, It makes a big Jump when you do.

Green spring in the primary
black and Green in secondary

You think the porting made that much difference? What elevation are you running those springs at?

Premium Features