• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 HCR BDturbo 9psi/2000ft

C

Crusty82

Hi.
This is my 2012 HCR BDturbo running 9psi @2000ft on pump gas

My first helmetcam ride, so it`s not any good, but you get an idea of how it`s running.
I don`t have much to compare with, so give your honest opinion on how it sounds.

Normaly I run 10psi, but because of very light snow with a hard base, I turned the boost down. It goes up to 80mph trackspeed in 2 seconds.

I think maybe I should try to gear it up to 22/48, and change the track to challenger extreme or peak.

I will try to run 11psi this weekend if I find a spot with some heavy snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d7smds45Ucs

Last edited:
No. but I have tried that to.
-stock head with timing key and 6psi
-rktek turbohead at 12psi with timing key
-rktek turbohead at 10psi without timing key (this is the best setup i have tried)

I didn't like it with timing key. The on/off throttlerespons wasn't as good, and It was much harder to tune and clutch.

Last edited:
No. but I have tried that to.
-stock head with timing key and 6psi
-rktek turbohead at 12psi with timing key
-rktek turbohead at 10psi without timing key (this is the best setup i have tried)

I didn't like it with timing key. The throotlerespons was bad, and It was much harder to tune and clutch.

What is your clutch set up?

Stock secondary (42/40 helix and blue spring)
160-300 primary spring
80g CPC IT with 5g set screw. (85g total)

Nice vid looks like it runs good. Where you riding at?

My 2010 at 1,000ft I usually run at 8 psi but have taken it up to 12 a few times. My trouble is my cat is a 153 with a 2.5 CE on it and it catwalks much worse than yours after taking that 2.25 powerclaw off. Now 12 psi is almost uncontrolable but sure is fun to try tame!

So much fun I cant believe its legal:D

I ride in the southern part of Norway.
Yeah, I hear the challenger hooks up real good:)
The conditions I am riding in on the video is the worst conditions for hook up this winter so far. So normaly the pc 2,25 do just fine:)
The rockhard base underneath takes away all the traction..

Do you run a modified head or do you run better fuel?

I run straight 100LL fuel and the stock Ho head with a resistor in the pipe temp wire pulling 3* of timming from 6000rpm and up. I also ride mine out in the mtns at 8000-10000 ft is the reason I left the HO head on. If I only rode it at home at 1000ft I would cut the head for sure.

Premium Features

Back