• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Hcr 800 cpc stage 2 with OCTN fault.

F

Fiddy

Have a 2012 800 nxt with Cutler stage 2 turbo. If I run it wide open very long it faults out on a OCTN on dash and puts it in limp mode. Cutler said I probably had bad fuel. I was running 6lbs of boost, egt at about 1150, was running 91 octane with some 100 octane av gas. Heading out in a couple of weeks and not sure this will cure my prob and don't want to drive 11hrs and not have it run right. Was also pulling about 8400rpm which I plan on adding some weight.

Add more octane, or plan on running lower boost. I'm sure you won't have a problem once you get up to the elevation your going to be riding at oBut for riding at home you will need more octane. I would bring weights with you but I wouldn't change em yet. See what it does once you get on the mountain. Make adjustments then.

Ya what elevation an what head?? 8400 holding rpm is a little high it will be spiking pretty high then. Try for 8250 max.

Yep, what elevation you going to, and what elevation were you at?

maybe add a bit of fuel on the big end to wash away some det... but 1150 is a pretty happy number, just a matter of adding octane. As you do longer & longer pulls, or pull over & over, you'll have more heat build up... which equates to det. If this only happens on long pulls, I'd say you're likely running right on the edge of the octane you have, and just bump up a tad.

Another thing to think about, that might not SOUND related... you might want to do a bit more venting. Cooling the components makes a difference in how long a pull you can take, as they build heat less quickly.

Was riding at about 9000ft. Always ride at snowy mountain range or togwatee. I have the low compression head on that Cutler sent with the kit.

Should def be fine with that elevation an boost/fuel/head. What r you fuel settings an fuel PSI?

Was 32psi fuel pressure. That's what Cutler had recommended. Don't know the fuel settings. The controller is just lights, no digital display which I don't like. I had to just run it at different rpm stages and watch egt and add fuel accordingly.

You sure it's not supposed to be 42 psi?? Seems low to me. I'm running 39-40 psi with a 1:1 regulator.

Pretty sure 36 is recommend on our kits. Ya the lights r awesome an easy i think. That's wat I was asking for.

Also if it is the stage two I take it you musta got the pump gas waste gate actuator instead of the stock one to run 6lbs??? Stock stage 2 one you can cheat the boost down with the rod but it really dosent work good at all anything below 8 lbs I find.

I run 9.5-10lbs this year
35 psi fuel
Green- 1
Yellow- 1.5
Red- 2
Green Blue-2
Yellow blue-4.5
Red blue-5

Turbo cut head. Straight 100ll. 4-7k feet. Been awesome for 2.5 seasons now.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back