• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Hay Days swap sales

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
How does it work if I am going to be working with a vendor over the weekend as far as getting in and parking?

Will they have wrist bands for me? Is there a certain area to park or will I have to leave my car parked out in BFE lots all weekend long? Not really a fan of the idea of letting my car sit out in a field over night while I sleep in the back of a trailer.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
right

I'm very aware of that. But what's happily dust free all about? Did they plant thick azz grass allover the place, are they spreading dust suppressant, did they pave the whole place haha, is there a giant irrigation system set up

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
I'm very aware of that. But what's happily dust free all about? Did they plant thick azz grass allover the place, are they spreading dust suppressant, did they pave the whole place haha, is there a giant irrigation system set up
Actually I never got around to changing that from right after last year's event. The shower on Sunday last year was worth a million bucks.

But, there will be improvements this year regarding the fields. They have been mowed almost weekly, especially the dealers section. There is more grass coming in now and thatch to act as cover. Dealer section has definitely improved.. Swap field will probably take another year or so to really get dialed in, but it's already better than last year.

The drag strip return lane will also see some improvement as they are adding a suppressant to the grass this year to lessen the dust.

Reactions: joshkoltes
H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
How does it work if I am going to be working with a vendor over the weekend as far as getting in and parking?

Will they have wrist bands for me? Is there a certain area to park or will I have to leave my car parked out in BFE lots all weekend long? Not really a fan of the idea of letting my car sit out in a field over night while I sleep in the back of a trailer.

You will need to get your wristband from the dealer you are working for. It is a different wristband than what is used for general admission.
Your dealer also only gets one parking spot at their site provided they can fit the vehicle. Otherwise have to park in the lots.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
So by "Improvements" being made, what you mean to say is nature is probably growing grass maybe?

Have they actually done anything to keep the dust down?

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
You will need to get your wristband from the dealer you are working for. It is a different wristband than what is used for general admission.
Your dealer also only gets one parking spot at their site provided they can fit the vehicle. Otherwise have to park in the lots.

Thanks.

Premium Features