Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012-2015 M8000 SnoPro Skid Upgrade

I asked for a kit back in 2015 when the 16specs first came out.
We need a bracket to bolt on top of our rails.

GS6

Or even brackets to adapt our shock mounts, a couple links and a set of rails. With very good instructions including a lot of pictures!

Front arm is the same. #7 and #17 out of the rear arm schematic are what you need to go with the revised rails and front track shock.

Great thanks, that is what I found when I compared 2015 to 2016 part numbers, but I didn't want to order them without some confirmation. Interestingly, it looks like Yamaha used the new design a year early on the 2015 Viper MTX as I picked up a set of rails from one, and they are the newer design.

I have iceage rails, profile is great. Just need to mount the arm 1in higher.
1in on the front of the rails would make steering easier and initiating sidehills.

GS6

parts

for your bracket,

all you need is some .25 allum , maybe a 5"x3" or so.

put it next to your rail so you would have enough room for a bolt hole above the existing hole. put it in a vise like that or use some c clamps or the like.

now just drill the new plate through the existing hole .. now put a bolt in there and tighten it down real good

ok now drill a couple holes on the legs of the rail that come down, through both the plate and rails . doesnt have to be big.. ok now put bolts in there and tighten

now just drill the hole above your existing mount hole where you want it.

get a marker and mark where you dont need material, and remove the plate you just made.
ok good, now get out your hacksaw or angle grinder and trim the exsess plate off you dont need or that stands out from the stock profile , besides the new mount hole you added, transition that into the profile. make it look purdy.

alright now bolt it all back up and add a .25 of spacer / washer whatever between the new mount and your front arm.

other ways to get this job done , but its not a big en devour

Premium Features

Back