• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Summit 800r E-tec hand warmer issue

Just picked up a 2011 Summit 800r E-Tec (no electric start) and love the sled with the exception of the hand warmers do not work. The thumb warmer seems to be working. We've tested ohms and have resistance of ~8 & 16 on both sides using the Hi/Low switch. The switch appears to be working and we have power coming from the power supply connectors. We even hooked up a set of bars from an RS and the warmers worked great.

Has anyone else encounter this? Is it possible the aluminum bars are "robbing" the heat from the warmers. Other than changing out the bars or the warmers, does anyone have any suggestions or other possible solutions?

Last edited:
ya just use your air chuck and hold pressure inside them. They slide off pretty easy. Little different getting them back on. Prob just need new warmers but on an 11? that seems a bit early

Check the resistance at the wires with an ohm meter for continuity( unplug the connector and check between the two pins)polarity is not important.
It will tell you for sure the element is bad or not.

Not sure if you know this already but they do not come on at idle. The Sled needs to be around 2500 rpms or something like that in order to kick on. So if you're testing at idle it won't be accurate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all of the suggestions. After we tested everything and still couldn't find the problem, I took it to the dealer. They tested and informed me that both my warmers were bad and needed replacing. $43 each and 1-1.5 hours @ $80/hour.

I loaded the sled and went to home to swap the bars out with the spare RS bars with heaters that worked. Other than having a hard time getting the wires out of the connectors, it was an easy fix to the problem. It's nice having warm hands again.

Premium Features

Back