• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Ski Doo Summit X E Tech 800 146"

S
Aug 23, 2012
Valdez, AK
I am considering buying one with 115 miles on it. I am new to the snowmobile world. I need honest opinions on this machine, is track long enough for super deep powder? Are there any known issues with 2011 machines? People that have one with same track length tell me how you like it and what you don't like. The sooner the better, hoping to buy in a few days. Thanks

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Nothing at all wrong with that sled. We all went with longer tracks from 146.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I am considering buying one with 115 miles on it. I am new to the snowmobile world. I need honest opinions on this machine, is track long enough for super deep powder? Are there any known issues with 2011 machines? People that have one with same track length tell me how you like it and what you don't like. The sooner the better, hoping to buy in a few days. Thanks

Anyone who tells you a 146 is great in Super Deep powder, Hmm Think about that. you will have fun, You will dig and no it wont hang with a longtrack.On set sno you will do better than a longtrack.

M
Oct 19, 2010
Good sled. I am on my 3rd year of my 2011 e-tec. I have a 154 and can go most places that all of my buddies go with thier 163's. You will obviously have a harder time if the powder get much deeper than 2 or 3 feet.

S
Sep 7, 2010
i have that exact sled. excellent ride. an upgrade might be the 2.5" lug, but not necessary to have fun. obviously a longer track, especially on a summit, will get you higher up the mountain, but you lose the maneuverability of the shorter skid.

it'll go almost anywhere the others go, except the steep steep, as mentioned above...just gotta work a little harder...which is the fun part.

115 miles, it's not even broken in yet. also if you're not familiar with the etec, you'll definitely enjoy that too.

S
Sep 7, 2010
it sidehills really well too. i never understood those people that complained about the summit and saying it was harder to pull over. i never experienced that. a great sled. have fun.

Premium Features