• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 sno pro 153 or 2010 m8 standard 162?

2011 - race fuel turbo with intercooler ($20k in 2010)

2010 - pump gas without intercooler - non sno pro ($15k in 2009)

both sleds set up by volk

I was ready to drop off my polaris but after reading about crank and engine issues I'm super reluctant so it looks like I'm forced to get a cat turbo instead unless i can believe my pro will not be a major headache after all

2011 $9500
2010 $7500

Nice thread. I have a 2010 pg 162 without intercooler. I just bought a 2011 snowpro le 153 that I am going to have pg with intercooler (still waiting for kit to arrive from boondocker). I have really liked the 2010 162, but I am getting a 153 because for me, it is much easier to turn the shorter track when the conditions are not ideal (very deep). It feels like when you turn an M sled, it naturally arcs like a snowboard or shaped skis The 153 feels like it can do a tighter arc and am leaning over less track. I would ride pretty good one day on the 162 and feel like the snow was ok, then during a break switch to a 153, and for me it felt like I could turn much tighter and easier and suddenly the snow felt really good. I think with a turbo you dont need the bigger track as much because the thing pops you on top of the snow so fast.
I guess that I have only addressing the track issue.
I might upgrade the 153 to a race gas, but for now at 9000ft +, I think 8 pounds of boost is fantastic. And people are setting there at 10+ with just a little added race gas. If you have no problem getting race gas, you might just do that. It may also just depend on which sled runs better.

newer, better setup, better track length. You can always turn down the boost if you want... but you won't want..:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features

Back