• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Nytro ride report?

Hi All was wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to be out on their new Nytro. I would be very interested to hear how you like them. I'm thinking of switching brands and always said if Yamaha lost some weight, fixed the tunnel and mounted a 162 on the Nytro I'd buy one, and now they have!! Thanks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love my 09' Nytro, even in stock form. I own an 08' XP X 154 as well and would rather ride my Nytro than my than my DOO. I have since boosted it (the Nytro) to keep up with my boosted buddies, but really enjoyed the Nytro in stock form. If the 2010 model is even better I will part with the doo and by another Nytro as a back up.

The new nytro's are awesome. The new rear skid when pumped up work awesome in the snow and down the trail. The skid works great at getting up and on top of the snow and the maverick track seems to be holding its shape much better than previous ones. The front end is much more predictable and precise even without the swaybar which should have been dumped years ago. Being at sealevel to 5k feet up here in AK the clutching was way off from the factory but after figuring all that out and playing with the shocks it is truly a fun sled to ride all day everyday. Straight out of the box all i would want would be a pivot adapter, rider forward kit and full tank of gas and go ride, they are that good.

I've put on about 250km's so far and I am very impressed with the stock power, track, suspension, and handling. I was pulling 140km on a lake with a few inches of snow, thats not too bad for 130 hp. I did notice the extra nose weight compared to my M1000, but the excellent shocks seem to help. Great throttle response and super track, it really locks up . Very good on fuel, no smell of belts, and no expensive two-stroke oil. I did notice the front end a little "pitchy" compared to my cat, so I widened the ski stance and took care of the problem. Its not perfect, but Yamaha has done an excellent job on this sled. The more I ride it, the more I like it. And thats without a turbo!:cool:

Last edited:
Best handling sled I've ever owned...! 2010 162se.
The MCX 180 kit is fun too. Puts the extra power where you need it - when you need it.

1000 Km on a 2010 162". Gets better every ride, came from XP. Hands down better, rode with 800's all week and battled them tooth and nail. Great sled. Bone stock.

For you guys who own or are comping off of XPs, would you mind getting a little more specific about what it is that the Nytro does better?

For you guys who own or are comping off of XPs, would you mind getting a little more specific about what it is that the Nytro does better?

Coming off 08 XP154X: Nytro is way more agile, holds a turn better/longer/easier, comes out of a turn smoother. Some of this might be attributed to the squirtyness of the MCX180 from 3/4 to full throttle. But it is very in tune to my riding style. Holding a line across a hill is easy too - about the same as the XP w/o swaybar.
Ergos are near perfect with the steering post pushed forward. Sitting to stand up tranistion is easier (as if you sit on it much). I'm 5'9" & 300.
Running 70psi fronts, 120psi mid & 140psi in the rear.

The nytro eats up the trenches & bombholes from other people getting stuck like NOTHING AT ALL. Uphill or down. I was scepitcal about the wider ski stance but I'm really liking the way this thing feels.

280 miles on my 153. its my first long sled and i love it!! straight off the show room floor it worked great at 8000-9000 ft. now in the flat lands a little clutching, exhaust ,filters, pc3 and i got 90mph out of it. wheelies anywhere anytime! track lugs are still up. as for the steering post i put a 30 degree oles riser on and its perfect im 5`9.

Premium Features

Back