• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 Sno Pro 153 PROPANE Turbo

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Thank you for the kind words, I took my time and tried to do the install as nice as I could. No fun being stuck in the middle of nowhere because a wire or hose rubbed through or some silly install issue.

Sled ends tomorrow, 5000 views, someone should have a new ride once it's all said and done.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Edit, it will be in the snow studs booth until the show ends, at which time I will take it home with me and still be offering it for sale;)

I think I broke about 2000 necks with it this weekend, was funny watching guys walk past scanning the scene and catch those tanks out of the corner of their eye and do a 180 to poke around at it and figure out how it works. I am not a lip reader but I saw a lot of guys standing around saying "What the &%*$" to their buddies. Truly one of a kind.

Still for sale, Looking for $13,600 out of it. If I can't get close to that I'll have to keep it this year and save the torture on my 2012. i really want to be down to one sled though. Would have cost you nearly 18K nine months ago to build one. No such thing as an insulting offer though so tell me what it's worth to you and how soon you can pick it up and maybe we can make a deal.

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
questions

Just curious what kind of range you get with the propane and does it switch from one tank to the other auto. Also what kind of oil do you run with propane? thanks.......

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Completely stock oil injection system, oil. Motor is completely stock from throttle body to coils, recoil cord to clutch cover except that the stock head chamber was recut and replaced and the clutch spring and weights are changed. Regular spark plugs are used but with a slightly tighter gap due to the turbo application.

Tanks last me all day of hard riding and had about 1/4 full when I got back. Did some 70 mile mountain days which left stock m's with about a gallon sloshing in the bottom. Fuel range to me is a non-issue, you will be sore before you run out of fuel on a good day of mountain riding. They are tee'd together with a manifold and draw together to feed the converter. Even if one was empty and the other full the pressure would drop slightly in the empty one allowing the liquid to draw from the full one automatically.

Refill was easy anywhere, I kept a few forklift tanks and a hose with fittings to transfer the fuel. That equipment is for sale to but not for cheap, I built a propane turbocharged pick-up that I use it for as well. I can tell you what parts you need to buy and where to get them from to build a transfer hose, about $75 roughly worth of parts.

Please read the auction, more details in there.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So after a system like this...at what final weight does it net out?

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
So after a system like this...at what final weight does it net out?
I never weighed it before and after, it was finally assembled during x-mas/new years so there was a lot going on. Travis and Garr at OVS might have that info for you. It of course added some weight but how much exactly I can't say for sure. All my friends on our Wyoming trip were impressed with how easy the sled is to carve, it can't be much heavier than a typical turbo kit.

Another factor, you can run on the fumes where everyone else needs to have about a gallon sloshing around (6-7 lbs bonus). Also 10 gallons of propane weighs ~20 lbs less than 10 gallons of gasoline...

Are you interested?

Premium Features