• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 push turbo

T
Oct 30, 2012
So I'm new to cat and turbos so this may be a stupid question but im putting a push kit on my 2010 m8 and got to the point of putting the pipe on and it doesn't line up with the turbo and the y pipe. My question is would an SLP y pipe be enough different to cause this problem? If I could find a stock y pipe would that fix it? It came off of a 2010 m8 so that's the only difference I can think of. Any pictures would help as because I'm also lost on where to "T" into the coolant lines. Thanks in advance to anyone with some info.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Post a picture so we can see how far off it is, I know I have a 2010 pipe on my 07 and its slightly different doesnt line up perfectly, you might have a older style pipe on or something?

Do the springs pull it together good? Lets see what youre dealing with

Also what push kit is it? If its the G kit you dont T into the coolant lines. If its a better kit I literally just did this build today, pull off your skid plate and youll see 2 hoses going to your throttle bodies underneath, dont T into them simply get new hose run one side to your turbo and then run the return side back to your throttle bodies. THats what I did anyways, I know some people "delete" the coolant going to the throttle bodies and just run it directly to the turbo because the hot air from the turbo should be enough to keep them from freezing from what I understand.

Last edited:
T
Oct 30, 2012
So I got a factory y pipe and that solved the isue with the pipe not reaching the turbo and I got the coolant lines figured out. So now the kit is set up and 100 percent installed but it will start and idle but won't even turn hard enough to engage the clutch. I have the powercommander setup all plugged in but out of curiosity I unplugged it all and plugged it back to stock and it doesn't fix the problem. Could it be something as simple as new plugs? The other thing that I'm wondering about is the factory pipe sensor. The kit came with a dummy resistor to plug in to take the sensors place, so if something was messed up there would it not let the motor run up? It's not throwing a code or anything just sounds like it's in a limp mode or something were it is really over fueling. Thanks for any help

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
So I got a factory y pipe and that solved the isue with the pipe not reaching the turbo and I got the coolant lines figured out. So now the kit is set up and 100 percent installed but it will start and idle but won't even turn hard enough to engage the clutch. I have the powercommander setup all plugged in but out of curiosity I unplugged it all and plugged it back to stock and it doesn't fix the problem. Could it be something as simple as new plugs? The other thing that I'm wondering about is the factory pipe sensor. The kit came with a dummy resistor to plug in to take the sensors place, so if something was messed up there would it not let the motor run up? It's not throwing a code or anything just sounds like it's in a limp mode or something were it is really over fueling. Thanks for any help

Is this a used kit or new kit? Could the turbo be seized?

T
Oct 30, 2012
it is a used kit but I pulled the intake back off and checked that too and everything seems to be fine. the turbo spins freely and even at an idle with the intake off you can see it spinning so I dint think that that is the problem. I was reading some other stuff about the TPS? is that an option too or how could a guy go about checking that?

Premium Features