• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Forum Ride Raffle thread

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
As we have been talking about recently and have done in past years I am going to start soliciting donations for a raffle during the forum ride. As it sets now there have been no donations acquired yet but I am going to start the emails and phone calls today.

I think that we should have the raffle on Saturday night during the ride as most everyone that will be participating should be there then, but I also think that we should make this a need not be present to win deal as things do come up unexpectedly for folks and some might not be able to make it although planned to or cannot make the ride but would like to buy tickets and help raise money.

I also propose that we donate the funds from the raffle to the folks @ the White River Forrest Alliance, These are the people that are fighting back against the Hidden Gems Wilderness Project that is targeting many of our favorite riding areas throughout Colorado.

Along with the raffle I will be getting T-shirts, Hoody's and maybe Ball caps made the sales of which I would like to see donated to Saws and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. (split 50/50 between the two) Once again the shirts will have a 2010 Snowest forum ride logo (yet to be designed) on the front and the logos of the companies that donate to the raffle and or the ride in general on the back. As soon as I get some of the donation confirmations and logos I will start getting together pricing for the shirts, hoody's and if enough interest is involved the hats.

All information as to the breakdown of the money raised, copies of the donation checks, costs, ect will be made available for everyone's viewing.

So if anybody has local dealers or other people that would be willing to donate items for the raffle please talk to them and see if/what they are willing to donate. Then if they donate please get a copy of their company logo and email it to me saandrews116@gmail.com and I will get the logo on the shirts.

I am planning on starting my quest with the less local companies that have donated in the past and some others companies like Klim, HMK, the film companies, etc.

Please pitch in where and when you can to help make this a big success. Last year we raised $2600 from the raffle $2300 of which went to Saws and $300 went to Children's hospital. Let's see if we can raise the bar again this year and put up some big $$$$ to help keep our riding areas open.

UPDATE:

Here is a list of those that have already committed to donations, Keep these folks on your list of people to buy products from.

Dan Gardiner Films - 10 Boondockers DVD's !!!!!
Sled Solutions - $150 Gift certificate towards the product of choice from Sled Solutions
Vert Escape 800 (Cornwell tools) - tool kit
Sno-Skinz - 1 fitted snowmobile cover
Peak Electronic Systems (zachcreek) - BCA Stashpack
208 Productions - Copies of "A Calculated Risk"
Trail Tank - not sure what item(s) yet
Holz Racing Products - 6 sets of scratchers, 2 hood hold down kits, t-shirt and hat
2Cool Airvents - 2 $100 Gift certificates towards the product of choice from 2Cool
Slednecks - Video set Slednecks 1-12
Thunderstruck films
Arctic FX Graphics - [1] free graphics kit & [4] 50% off vouchers
RPS Rentals of Marble - 1/2 day free rental of sled of choice
HMK - Jacket and other items TBD
Rocky Mountain Snowmobile - Scott Jacket and some other assorted Scott apparel, goggles etc.
Rprecision - Arctic cat hood hold down repair kit

Code Red Performance - $450 off the purchase of a Turbo kit from Code Red (BD kits for Cat, Polaris, and Yamaha) We will have to do something a little different for this item as it would require spending more money and does not apply to many sleds. What I'm thinking is to add $2 to the cost of each raffle ticket for eligibility for the turbo drawing. That way it does not pull money away from the general raffle and still keeps those tickets eligible for the rest of the drawings. While hopefully adding to the money raised for the WRFA. Then when we draw for that item we will pull tickets until one with the eligibility wins and return the others back to the drawing.If you have any opinions on this please PM me.

I normally am not in favor of changing the rules of the game part way through but I feel that this donation requires some special circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I'll try to contact Steamboat Powersports. I don't think that my contacts from last year will pan out this year. Obviously Xtreme is gone and I just don't get that "good" feeling from the other two.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Absolutely great, that could really help with raising some money for the WRFA to fight the Hidden Gems clowns. They did step up for us Big time last year with a good amount of videos, posters, and calanders for the raffle.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Mostly I would go in and just ask if they have something they can donate, even discount coupons that would be given out with each ticket purchase, or a gift cert, and if they offer up apparel or gear that is a size thing see if they can do a certificate for it so the winner can come and choose size and color. Last year Klim sent a bunch of stuff out and most had to be returned for an exchange which is fine, but it worked out well with HMK that sent a certicicate for a Jacket (I won it) and all I had to do is call them up and give them my color and size choice.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I have J&J motorsports onboard. he just wants to read the info on the forums.

I also have Vertical Escape 800 (JR) on board to donate a tool set or something from the Cornwell truck.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
I'm waiting on a callback from KLIM......we'll see.....maybe they lost my #.......mmmmm. Ok not really, but i do have some slighty used bibs with homemade vents for sale ;)

But seriously, I'll talk to Allsports in GJ. They're huge supporters of our sport, so expect something.

As far as me, I'll be donating Bushmaster's vintage camper.:eek:

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
so you've already contacted Klim PP?

If so I'll check them off my list. I have been waiting for official word from WRFA to use thier name and website link for soliciting the donations of the bigger companies as they tend to like to know where the money will be going. speaking of which I am going to send them another Email.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
I'm waiting on a callback from KLIM......we'll see.....maybe they lost my #.

And I'll talk to Allsports in GJ. They huge supporters of our passion, so expect something.

As far as me, I'll be donating Bushmaster's vintage camper.:eek:

Bwhahahahha. Probably got a few hundred bucks worth of aluminum in it:D Not like these cheesy plastic campers you get now;)

I'll contact the dealers in Laramie, Cheyenne and Ft. Collins again, unless someone beats me to it;)

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I just thought I'd throw out an update on the raffle donations.

I just finished sending out 28 Emails, PM's and contact forms requesting donations for the raffle. These were to all non-local to CO companies. Now I'm just waiting for the results.

I have already recieved confirmation from Dan Gardiner (Boondockers) that he will be donating some dvd's for the raffle.

Hopefully the donations will keep coming through.

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I've edited the 1st post in the thread to reflect the donations already committed and I will contiune to update it as they come in.

G
Nov 30, 2007
Ok Well I PMed MPI the other day about a set of Billet 8" rear wheels. He said that he could do that. I emailed him the link.

Ya know mountain machine performance donated two powered coated 8" billet yamaha "tuning fork" wheels to MY hi point motorsports s/c nytro build(seen by a couple forum members).. I should call them Monday and see what they got..:D if they help I'll add them to the RAFFLE!:cool:

Still waitin for my Oakley rep to call/email me back! He must be on the road

Premium Features