• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Skidoo Xp 154" to 151" retrofit

G

geetz-123

In Feb 2009 I recieved a phone call from my father about a accident that he had been in that day on a trail in Hayward Wi. He was riding a 2008 Skidoo Xp Adreniline and was hit on the left running board folding it straight up. He asked me if I wanted a skidoo Xp as another project sled. I was so excited about the chance to ride a modern chasis snowmobile I forgot to ask many details about the condition. Long story longer I was able to get the Xp with no payments just my trade in a 1999 Mxz 583, What an Upgrade!!! I was able to get 1,500 miles on the Xp and finally parked it on April 9th after I blew a belt. I immediately started looking for a tunnel for the damaged Xp and found one through my contacts on Ebay, Straight Line Performance had a summit 154". I traded my stock 120" skid for the complete tunnel bulkhead. I had purchased a 151" Rev Xtreme skid in April to part out during the summer. So everything was falling into place but I still needed a track. I purchased a 151" Skidoo track with 2.52 pitch drivers a decent track but the 2.86 driver problem that has been written about in many posts. I purchased another track recently Attack 20 3 pithch Artic Cat track. The track was a great deal but not sure if my stock 2.86 8tooth drivers will work because the outer lugs are modified for m series reverse equipped sleds. So there is only the inner lug and extrovert driver to drive this 150" track. Any suggestions for these tracks the 151" has a closed window every 3rd so not many options for aftermarket drivers like Whal and Avid. Sorry for the long post and thanks for any replies!!!

I would sell that track and get a 154.....then no worries, no need to buy drivers or modify rails etc...

Thanks for the reply......I have thought of that option but I have heard the 154" stock tracks have very big porting not soo good for watercrossings in the spring. Any concerns about the fact that I am running a stock 600 Ho with this long track set-up?
Skidoo has a summit 154" Etec 600 in 2009 maybe just following gearing and clutching specs. Thanks again Winter brew!!

Track

Use what ever track you want as long as it has the same pitch as the drivers. Really!

In Feb 2009 I recieved a phone call from my father about a accident that he had been in that day on a trail in Hayward Wi. He was riding a 2008 Skidoo Xp Adreniline and was hit on the left running board folding it straight up. He asked me if I wanted a skidoo Xp as another project sled. I was so excited about the chance to ride a modern chasis snowmobile I forgot to ask many details about the condition. Long story longer I was able to get the Xp with no payments just my trade in a 1999 Mxz 583, What an Upgrade!!! I was able to get 1,500 miles on the Xp and finally parked it on April 9th after I blew a belt. I immediately started looking for a tunnel for the damaged Xp and found one through my contacts on Ebay, Straight Line Performance had a summit 154". I traded my stock 120" skid for the complete tunnel bulkhead. I had purchased a 151" Rev Xtreme skid in April to part out during the summer. So everything was falling into place but I still needed a track. I purchased a 151" Skidoo track with 2.52 pitch drivers a decent track but the 2.86 driver problem that has been written about in many posts. I purchased another track recently Attack 20 3 pithch Artic Cat track. The track was a great deal but not sure if my stock 2.86 8tooth drivers will work because the outer lugs are modified for m series reverse equipped sleds. So there is only the inner lug and extrovert driver to drive this 150" track. Any suggestions for these tracks the 151" has a closed window every 3rd so not many options for aftermarket drivers like Whal and Avid. Sorry for the long post and thanks for any replies!!!

Call Avid products they build different drivers for the xp shaft. If you want the 2.52 pitch or 3.0 pitch. If you decide to use the 3.0 pitch attack 20 you will again need to switch drivers the 2.86 wont line up with windows right and cause vibration issues and probably track racheting.

As far as every thrid window being closed just fet a 1 1/2" hole saw and drill out the closed window then no driver problems.

Premium Features

Back