• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 RMK 600 Oil tank leak

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
So, on the GF's 08 RMK 600 the oil tank is leaking where the plug that holds the low oil level sensor wires goes into the oil tank. I always try to properly fill the tank with oil before each ride. With this leak I have to leave the snowpark with the oil level below is "plug".

Is there an easy fix to this issue without having to replace the oil tank and the sending unit with new "plug"?

Let me know, Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

R
Dec 24, 2008
level indicator

there was actually a service bulletin on that and the fix was a new level switch. they were to small in diameter to start with. put a hose clamp around the neck where this goes in. it will stop leaking.

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
there was actually a service bulletin on that and the fix was a new level switch. they were to small in diameter to start with. put a hose clamp around the neck where this goes in. it will stop leaking.

Finally got around to working on the sled. Used the hose clamp and that sealed the deal. thanks for the advice.

Premium Features