• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 summit 600 ho sdi pto piston scuffing

F
Mar 5, 2012
hello, i am just looking for some advice on what would cause scuffing on the intake and exhaust side on the pto piston on my 2007 summit 600 ho sdi? some back ground…… sled was running 1/4 tank 91, and the rest 87 octane, oil was full, warmed the sled up 15 minutes till coolers were nice and warm, drove 10 miles to ice shack, i fished for around 3 hours. The sled then fired up first pull, i again let it warm up for 15 minutes, even the snow on top of the tunnel was melting, then drove it slowely for around a mile and another mile down the lake it just shut down. pulled the plugs and pto side was running hot (whitish). I changed the plug and it fired up and ran good, make another 300m and it shut off again. Some people say bad gas, but i thought that would just lean it out and scuff or poke a hole on the exhaust side. I have it apart in my garage as i rebuild sleds in my spare time, but this is just my first dealings with this type of sled so i would like to know what caused it before i put it back together. I did not do a leak down test as i should have i know, but any suggestions would be great. Also i was only going around 30-40mph when it first shut down, and 20mph the second time. The sled only has 1470 origional miles. Thanks.

Premium Features