• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
K
Mar 19, 2013
Ok I bought a 2007 skidoo 800r with 1200 miles on it well sure enough the ticking time bomb engine went on me after about 300 miles on it. So I brought it to the dealer and they put in a new 800 short block engine with all the updates in it. I now have about 250 miles on it and it has been running great till today. I started riding and it was running great for about a half hour or so and all of a sudden the rpms just dropped down to about idle and wouldn't really rev up good. I stopped the engine check the spark plugs which seemed fine and I had no warning lights come on while riding it. I pulled it over and it started right up with no problems so I kept going and after about another 20 min of riding it did it again. So I did the same thing checked the plugs and everything out seemed fine and sure enough it started right back up and ran fine again but this time I just brought it home and parked it. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what might be causing this problem? plz and thank you

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
What were the snow conditions? Your Description sounds like what happens when it gets hot and goes into failsafe mode. Was it getting hot?...they do overheat quickly on hard pack without scratchers.

K
Mar 19, 2013
I live in northern Mn so we don't have that deep of snow but I would say about 16 degrees out and we got some fresh snow last night and total they say around here is about 26 in, but I haven't been beating the hell out of the sled because I am making sure it is broken in properly but yes there is quite a bit of hard pack trail riding till where I was when it happened, I figured the warning light would go off if it was to warm. I was in the same snow conditions last week and didn't have any issues.

Premium Features