• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Phazer Mt Lite

Interesting question, I've been wonderring the same thing, but more along the lines of internals and fueling, whats out there and where's the best source?

I'm guessing by the amount of replies, that because its not the big dog there's not to much out there for aftermarket support other than turbo's & exhaust, too bad, with the right cam, heads, bore & stroke this machine could easily be putting out 100 hp N/A.

No, that kit is designed to make a single cylinder motor go from 250 to 290cc. The phazer is a 500 twin. 250 dirtbike engine mods will not work on a phazer because contrary to popular belief. the phazer motor is not just 2 yz 250 motors slapped together. It is an entirely different engine that just has design characteristics based off the 250 motor.

different pistons?

No, that kit is designed to make a single cylinder motor go from 250 to 290cc. The phazer is a 500 twin. 250 dirtbike engine mods will not work on a phazer because contrary to popular belief. the phazer motor is not just 2 yz 250 motors slapped together. It is an entirely different engine that just has design characteristics based off the 250 motor.

SO the pistons would be different? I realize the block is not just 2 250's together , but I thought they might share The bore stroke and rods, pistons, but weather or not there is room to bore maybe sleeve the phazer block?

be patient I am a new guy

Last edited:
I f you can get me the bore and stroke of the 250 motor i can compare it to the phazer and let you know if its the same.

YZF250. Stock Bore size is 77mm (3.031") Stock Stroke is 53.6mm (2.110"). I think the 290 big bore piston is 8mm over (.315") might not be room between cylinders?

I'm out of Lloydminster, just picked up my Phazer from a guy around Macklin, machine sounds sweet as hell when we loaded it in the back of the truck, but there isn't any snow around here yet to try it out.

I f you can get me the bore and stroke of the 250 motor i can compare it to the phazer and let you know if its the same.

I googled both, they are the same bore and stroke, if there is room between the cylinders, I will do it,580cc then head shim maybe custom lower compression pistons supercharge, 700 artificial cubes or whatever I could get? what do you guys think?

Premium Features

Back