• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 Tether Switch

R
Feb 26, 2011
British Columbia
I want to swap out my key or add a tether to my 2007 m8, anyone know where I can get a kit or how to do it myself? I cant find any other forums for 2007's, and the arctic cat parts website only has tethers for 2008 m8s, does the one year really matter? My 06 M7 had one so it seems strange that there isnt anything out there. Any comment is appreciated, thanks.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i put my tether after my key..so i have both..i forget now just what i did..
with a continuity meter just see if the key opens or closes the circuit..and then you know what type of tether to get..open or closed...and just splice into the circuit after the key...or replace the key...your choice
i think the key on completes the ground..??...but if no one chimes in for certain i will relook at mine in a couple days and let ya know...i used the tether with the rubber cap with the little tit that depresses the plunger in the main part...make sure the plunger part is the type is in a rubber sheath as well so it doesn;t freeze..

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
dont even bother with that the 2007 has the plugs in it already, go to your dealer its in the parts catalog. drill one hole plug and go.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I put one on my 07 m1000

wires are there, just get a kit from your cat dealer, takes about 15 minutes

Premium Features